Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Final Fantasy

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2016

A 3D Final Fantasy with both regular and super deformed characters.

Does World of Final Fantasy have an overworld map?

Demonsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Demonsoul

Does this game have an overworld that you can run around and explore to find towns and dungeons like the old school Final Fantasy games? If there is an overworld do you get an airship to travel the overworld map faster?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I edited your thread title so it was clear you were asking a question.

Takoyaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Takoyaki

I googled your question and it does seem to have one as well as an airship.

Loading Video...

Demonsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takoyaki: oh wow thanks .......hopefully this is confirmation. This footage was released nearly 2 months prior to the game being released so I'm nervous that they cut it in the final version of the game. The demo had a fixed camera perspective so I was afraid they would cut the overworld map since they don't seem to want to give the player full control over the camera like most modern games do based upon the demo. I watched a ton of day one youtube footage of this game post-release and they never showed an overworld map or airship.

Can anyone who has a copy confirm?

Demonsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takoyaki: According to this person there does NOT appear to be an overworld map. I hope this is not true. Can someone here confirm?

THE__END14 hours ago#1

Does this game have an overworld that you can run around and explore to find towns and dungeons, etc...etc...like the old school Final Fantasy games? If there is an overworld do you get an airship to travel the overworld map faster?

bomber8218814 hours ago#2

Not really. You have a Hud world and go to the other worlds, towns, areas through a gate.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/168651-world-of-final-fantasy/74466276?jumpto=2#2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.