Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warframe

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 25, 2013

From the studio that co-created the Unreal series comes a free-to-play third-person Loot Shooter pitting a group of superhuman warriors (in advanced exo-armor systems known as "Warframes") against a hostile universe.

Warframe's Call of the Tempestarii Update

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By rapid

Rapid from the Giant Bomb PC Alliance here to tell you about the new Warframe update (29.10) that just released on PC (Friday, March 19).

See Edit for UPDATE 30!

Update 29.10: is now out on PC! Here's a very very high level summary, please check the full patch notes for more of the nitty gritty.

It's been a while since Warframe had large update like this, the pandemic situation has put a certain challenges on their studio resources and workflow. The complete patch notes for this update is incredible dense with details. You can check out the patch notes here for Update 29.10.0: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack. If you need a refresher, Warframe introduced Space Ship Combat as new game mode in 2019 with its Empyrean update.

For those returning to Warframe it's a lot changes take in. @thouddin and myself (Rapid) of the Giant Bomb PC Clan put together a video: A look at Update 29.10's changes to Railjack that goes over some of the board changes to help our fellow duders get back into it. Check it out here: Corpus Proxima & Railjack 3.0 Rework - Warframe with the Giant Bomb Community.

A high level overview of this update:

• Lower barrier to entry cost of ship components and time to build them
    • Those wanting to play solo now have the option to recruit, train, and customize a crew of (up to 3) AI Friendlies (NPCs) to take on roles during Railjack missions.
    • Several (6 of them) resources & currencies (Avionics and Dirac) introduced in Empyrean have been removed, and replaced with existing resources more common in core of Warframe (ie. Endo and Battle Mods).
    • The Avionics system has been replaced with the traditional Warframe modding system to streamline and unify Warframe's upgrade system.
    • Corpus Proxima missions have been added to the Railjack Starchart.

Additionally, this update also introduces reworks to Zephyr and introduces a new deluxe skin.

DE will be looking at feedback from the the PC playerbase. They have implemented a trello board to better track popular feedback which can be found here: Warframe Trello Board. If you are playing on console please note: DE plans to ship Update 30 simultaneously on all platforms, with 29.10's content bundled with Update 30 on consoles. Update 30 is planned to be release in later spring.

EDIT: Update 30

Update 30 is out: Note: For console players Update 30 includes the outlined changes in 29.10!

New to Update 30 is Sevagoth the new Warframe and new quest: Call of the Tempestarii

Which features a new Space Shanty Sleeping In The Cold Below a full version can be heard below:

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I haven't played Warframe since Heart of Deimos dropped but it feels like DE is a little to late to the part with the Railjack adjustments. I remember seeing the huge crafting component costs and just wondering who in their right mind would have the time to farm all this stuff out and I'm probably not alone in thinking that. But I think the bigger problem might be with Railjack itself; what exactly am I supposed to be playing Railjack for? Is there any weapons. mods or warframes exclusive to railjack that are worth getting or is this just DE trying to tack on more stuff to their game like they did with Arcwing?

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played Warframe since Heart of Deimos dropped but it feels like DE is a little to late to the part with the Railjack adjustments. I remember seeing the huge crafting component costs and just wondering who in their right mind would have the time to farm all this stuff out and I'm probably not alone in thinking that. But I think the bigger problem might be with Railjack itself; what exactly am I supposed to be playing Railjack for? Is there any weapons. mods or warframes exclusive to railjack that are worth getting or is this just DE trying to tack on more stuff to their game like they did with Arcwing?

I think your right on the mark when it comes to problems with Railjack. There is some thing this update does address the component cost issue (it only cost 10% of what it originally use to build your railjack). Also removing the resources that you could get by doing railjack and replacing the cost with resource you can obtain by playing just in the core starchart.

I think the second question you pose is a big one that every player is wondering right now. Is what is the point of Railjack. To be honest this update did not really address it. As you rightfully mentioned, the community has also brought up the same sentiment Archwing (and to the same extent the Open Worlds) suffer from feeling like desperate parts of the game (a game within a game).

DE stated goal from their dev post:

Enter Railjack. Technology from the Old War that when wielded today, could take all of Warframe’s combat to Orbit. We tried many things that were different from the norm. While some elements did offer a unique spin on the existing formula, it was not for everybody, and many complaints cited the amount of separation from the main game as a negative. And we agree.

As we revisit Railjack in 2021, our overall goal is to simplify these points of friction, better integrating Warframe’s signature “flow”. This flow has evolved over the years for core Warframe, thanks in no small part to our continuous overhauls and revisits.

They seem aware of the issue and want to bring the core game closer to it. I don't think they have succeeded yet. This update is much a baby step towards that. By lowering the barrier of entry and getting rid of the railjack only resources. They can better make a case for things you do in Railjack contributing to the core game and vica-versa.

As for what's railjack that are worth getting that is not exclusive to just Railjack:

There are new weapons and new weapon mods (non-railjack related) you can earn in this update that drop the corpus railjack missions. They also added Arcanes to the drop tables for some the Orphix mission modes. Ultimately these are small things that I hope they keep iterating on.

Update 30 is suppose to introduce:

1. Corpus Queen Pin / Liches
    2. Void Storms that allow you to crack fissures more efficiently
    3. New Warframe named Savagoth,
    4. A potentially spoiler filled Quest.

I can see some these teased features needing a Railjack.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

My main problem with Railjack is how it was hard to get into the level you wanted because the space was usually full. And given that you need a certain resource from the Railjack missions to build the latest Warframe, it became annoying. Hopefully, this has changed.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update 30 is out: Note: For console players Update 30 includes the outlined changes in 29.10!

New to Update 30 is Sevagoth the new Warframe and new quest: Call of the Tempestarii

Below is my playthrough of the quest.

Loading Video...

Tempeststarii features a new Space Shanty Sleeping In The Cold Below a full version can be heard below:

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.