Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

Uncharted 4 soundtrack.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

For those that played the game, how is the music? I was curious as to who did the soundtrack for this game, as I assumed it was just Greg Edmonson again, but I guess it's Henry Jackman, the guy that does a bunch of super hero movies, and other stuff. I plan on getting the game today, so I should know myself, but just curious if it's noteworthy, and whether anyone else knew (or cared) that it's a different composer. Henry Jackman isn't one of my favorite composers, but I think he has made some good music before in films.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm about 4-5 hours in and it's been fantastic so far. Especially during gunfights.

core1065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I've bought every uncharted soundtrack, can't wait to listen to this one!

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

It's solid with a few clever rearrangements of old themes. I'm probably halfway through the game and it very much sounds like Another One of Those, so if you dug the music before (I did as well), you wouldn't be disappointed by this one.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

@nodima: I thought the music in the previous games were alright. Well, good, but not spectacular (some tracks definitely better than others). I wouldn't give any of the games soundtracks best of their respective year, but I like them. Currently playing Golden Abyss; trying to quickly get through it before I go pick up four today. I liked the music from the first game just fine, but I'm disappointed Golden Abyss uses the same soundtrack. That said, Golden Abyss is pretty decent so far. I'm playing it right now as I type. Coincidentally, Drake just said 'hurry it up'.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

I won't get to finish Golden Abyss before I go get four, as I'm doing now, but I will beat it before I play four. I am surprised at how good Golden Abyss is. I'm about half way through, or chapter 20 out of 34. Sully just came into it, which was a surprise and exciting. I take it back, early on, and perhaps still, there's some tracks from the Drake's Fortune that kind of disappointed me, but there's a lot of new, good tracks in there as well. I see it's also another composer, Clint Bajakian. Weird timing to finally get to this game!

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By flippyandnod

Golden Abyss is good except for it using every silly feature of the Vita. Like the way you expose invisible ink, open envelopes, etc. I'm sure the devs were told to do it this way and it's frustrating. But that doesn't ruin the game.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Best I can say is that it's used very well in game. Enough to notice "hey, this is perfect for this."

Standalone, can't say.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flippyandnod: For many cases, you don't have to use it actually, which is good. The only times is when it comes to puzzles, or wiping stuff off of artifacts. Anyways... Looks like most places around aren't getting Uncharted 4 until Friday, so that sucks.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

I love the soundtrack to this game. It's just excellent.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but IMO the soundtrack (though good) is probably its weakest element bar the box "puzzles". It's great during combat and (minor late game spoilers) the quiet jeep ride with elena / the epilogue, but outside of that it's kinda unmemorable.

Uncharted 2 has be best OST of these games as I feel it was the first one where the main theme music really crystallised, but, as I've said elsewhere, I think UC4 is still the better overall game and the best in the series in spite of this.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its been excellent so far. The transition between combat and stealth music is really good.

A_Green_Olive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's probably my second favorite after 2's, perhaps tied. I do really like that combat music.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think this soundtrack is probably my favorite in the series. I really enjoyed Uncharted 2's soundtrack, especially the final track. But, there's this really strong, often subtle, emotionally charged motif throughout Uncharted 4's soundtrack that just gives it a weight that I love. It hits the high, adventure (Indiana Jones-like) notes too. I think I love the soundtrack more because it hits the lower, softer tones more than I think the previous three soundtracks did.

I mean, that opening theme was just amazing. And there's a scene in the game that felt alot like a scene in Red Dead Redemption, heading to a location with the soundtrack taking over all of the sound with guitar strums that felt powerful to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.