Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

Multiplayer 'Stress Test' now running and is available to all, even those without a PS+ subscription.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

From today until presumably sometime early Monday, anyone can now check out Uncharted 4's superb multiplayer for themselves! Or at least TDM anywhoo. It basically seems to be leading right off of the closed beta from a couple months with all of the balance improvements and so forth, though there is an additional map available which rounds 'em out at three in total. The most important distinction here again is that anyone can take part, even if you don't have a PS+ subscription. And even if multiplayer isn't really your thing, it's probably worth checking out just to get a handle on how the single-player will also play controls wise. Which is to say really damn good. I liked the multiplayer a lot of in the two prior Uncharteds (more so 2 than 3), but Uncharted 4's beta alone has completely blown them out of the water. The gameplay is simply fantastic, and that sweet sweet 60fps also helps give it a level of fluidity that the previous two were missing.

So, yeah, get downloadin'!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Takes forever to find this in the PS store by the way.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I look forward to trying to try this! Hope it's up and running come home time.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hmmm, I guess i can check this out although multiplayer in uncharted (besides maybe coop) always seemed like a waste of time

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any coop in this thing? I remember the beta for 3 had coop and that's the thing that sold me on the multiplayer maybe being alright.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh its pretty mediocre. Doesn't feel like Uncharted multiplayer to me. Feels too grounded. The "floatyness" of the UC 2/3 multiplayer wasn't there. Map design felt very weak. Shooting was weighty, and camera is a bit too zoomed it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm, I guess i can check this out although multiplayer in uncharted (besides maybe coop) always seemed like a waste of time

Multiplayer in Uncharted is no more a waste of time than in many other shooters. The multiplayer for both was successful and had a really dedicated community surrounding it. People are still playing them to this day even.

Any coop in this thing? I remember the beta for 3 had coop and that's the thing that sold me on the multiplayer maybe being alright.

No coop unfortunately. I'm starting to wonder if there'll even by any coop at all in the full game given how quiet they've been on the subject.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Uncharted 3 Co-op is the best Co-op for any shooter period so it would be real stupid to not have it in Uncharted 4.

This was fun:

Loading Video...

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Yup, I've only played a little over an hour of the beta and I'm 100% on board with this. I've loved the multiplayer since 2 (would maybe say it was better in 2 than in 3) and I'm loving this now, too.

A lot of people probably think that the multiplayer modes in these Naughty Dog games are likely just mediocre additions, but I've probably put more hours into ND multiplayer modes than any other games on the PS3/PS4 (between Uncharted 2, 3, and The Last of Us).

Cannot wait for April 26 May 10.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Played the multiplayer in 3 far more than I ever expected. Same with Last of Us. They've quietly become really good at this.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#12  Edited By MightyDuck

Played some of the stress test this morning. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Between DOOM and possibly Overwatch though, I might hold off on Uncharted since I primarily want it for the story.

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 20

Been playing the multiplayer today and really liking it!

One thing that really makes me sad though is seeing how old Sully's character model looks in this now - he looks so frail! :/

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By MooseyMcMan

This is just making me bummed the game isn't coming out until May. It's fun!

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My console went into overdrive just hanging out in the menu/searching for games. I mean I have never heard the fans kick in this hard and I play some games for hours sometimes. I quit immediately and deleted it, looked like it wanted to kill the console! It must have had uncapped framerate or something, I don't really know.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

After playing a whole lot of Tomb Raider the controls in Uncharted feel rooough. It's not terrible or anything, but Uncharted always felt a bit sluggish and now that sensation feels doubled, especially when jumping. It's probably just a matter of getting used to it though. As for the MP itself, ehh, it's nothing special. I like the ability to buy NPC henchman with the bandit guy that holds players up for you being my favorite. That dood is straight up ruthless. The crazy voodoo powers I could do without but they gotta diversify their bonds somehow.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movement seems great and the models look nice so im excited for the full game with single player. That said the multi-player feels pretty basic and im not a big fan of the little aim reticle and amount of shots it seems to take to kill something. Swinging off stuff is fun though, cant wait for the real game (single player)

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I was a huge fan of Uncharted 2 multi, and even more so the coop in both 2 and 3.

However, I hate the multiplayer in 4. Another case of a developer just throwing the CoD formula on something. Weapon loadouts, the same kind of weapon progression system, killstreaks/mystic stuff, and perks.

I'm still very excited for Uncharted 4 purely for the single player experience. But I don't think I will be touching the competitive multiplayer. Here's hoping coop stuff returns.

(some of my observations could be wrong, I only played about 4 rounds before uninstalling. More of a first impression thing, feel free to correct me.)

(Elena still looks great)

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I'm not much of a competitive multiplayer fan but I enjoyed the two rounds of this I played. If I get time I'll likely play a little more, not sure it'll hook me when the full game is out though.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Yummylee

@esrever said:

I was a huge fan of Uncharted 2 multi, and even more so the coop in both 2 and 3.

However, I hate the multiplayer in 4. Another case of a developer just throwing the CoD formula on something. Weapon loadouts, the same kind of weapon progression system, killstreaks/mystic stuff, and perks.

I'm still very excited for Uncharted 4 purely for the single player experience. But I don't think I will be touching the competitive multiplayer. Here's hoping coop stuff returns.

(some of my observations could be wrong, I only played about 4 rounds before uninstalling. More of a first impression thing, feel free to correct me.)

(Elena still looks great)

The 'CoDification' was well underway with Uncharted 3, with weapon loadouts (including weapon mods, which aren't in Uncharted 4's it seems), perks and killstreaks and such. And honestly all of the mystics and sidekicks you can summon (along with the trademark traversal of the series) is what gives it an edge over other third-person multiplayer shooters. There'll probably be a 'Hardcore/Classic' mode anyway, which if it'll be anything like Uncharted 3's will remove all of the abilities and restrict everyone to starting with the standard AK and pistol.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@yummylee: That's probably why I didn't bother too much with U3's multi. I didn't remember any of that, but figured that some of those things must've already been implemented in some manner. In any case, not a direction I like the series taking (even though it seems to have already took that turn in U3, and this is just an evolution on that). Much preferred U2's style. So maybe I'll check it out if a "classic" mode is added. Probably not though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.