Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trine

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jul 02, 2009

Trine is a fantasy 2D side-scroller for PC and PlayStation 3 that lets you switch between three different characters to solve puzzles and find treasure.

It's Trine time.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Edited By WalkerTR77

This seems fairly ironic considering my discussion of how easy it is to be drawn into buying games because of steam sales yesterday, but nevertheless here I am again and this time it's Trine. Trine has just dropped to a salacious £4.25 on steam, and while I admit I had no previous knowledge of Trine, upon further investigation the bomb squad's own Brad Shoemaker has given this game a glowing 5 star review, and the parallels to Torchlight are now at the forefront of my mind. 

I bought Torchlight at a similar price during a steam sale, a game which I had no prior knowledge of, purchased on the strength of a 5 star review from Brad and hell even the screenshots look like Torchlight. I was immensely pleased with my purchase of Torchlight and it looks like I may be heading the same way with Trine, I'll be making my decision after reading Brad's review and playing the demo. 

Can the giantbomb community vouch for Trine and help me make a decision? Do you already have Trine or will you be buying it because of this sale?
    WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By WalkerTR77

This seems fairly ironic considering my discussion of how easy it is to be drawn into buying games because of steam sales yesterday, but nevertheless here I am again and this time it's Trine. Trine has just dropped to a salacious £4.25 on steam, and while I admit I had no previous knowledge of Trine, upon further investigation the bomb squad's own Brad Shoemaker has given this game a glowing 5 star review, and the parallels to Torchlight are now at the forefront of my mind. 

I bought Torchlight at a similar price during a steam sale, a game which I had no prior knowledge of, purchased on the strength of a 5 star review from Brad and hell even the screenshots look like Torchlight. I was immensely pleased with my purchase of Torchlight and it looks like I may be heading the same way with Trine, I'll be making my decision after reading Brad's review and playing the demo. 

Can the giantbomb community vouch for Trine and help me make a decision? Do you already have Trine or will you be buying it because of this sale?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Good god Alistair, you're everywere lately. 

I haven't played Trine myself, though I've been meaning to. Just never had the cheap change to download it, usually buying other more pricey stuff with little cash left.
    WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WalkerTR77

Well unfortunately after playing the demo I've found the game to be very slow on all but the lowest graphical settings and even then it doesn't run convincingly.  I'm pretty dissapointed by this but since Brad mentioned that Trine will be coming to XBLA somethime in the coming months that's where I'll likely be playing it. My netbook has drawn the line and that  line is Trine.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By foggel
    @WalkerTR77: Thank god I read your post, I was about to buy this game on PSN. And miss achievement points? Phew, that was way too close.
    WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WalkerTR77
    @foggel:
    After your comment I thought I would try and find a release date for the 360 version of Trine. Unfortunately it seems the developer has been quoted as saying "it probably won't hapen now, we won't be saying any more about it" on their forums in January. This is terrible news for me since I don't have a Ps3 so probably won't be playing any Trine. If you prefer steam achievements and have a pc that will run Trine you could go with that over PSN :(.
    Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Stealthoneill

I just got the demo and loved it. How long is Trine on sale because I won't have the money until Friday! It's seems like an awesome game so far!

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WalkerTR77
    @Stealthoneill:
    Luckily for you the sale runs through till Monday, so you can fully enjoy the Trine experience. How I envy you.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By dbz1995

I loved that game.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Cramsy

Im having a great time with it. The Fable-esque storytelling is really charming aswell

Manburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Manburger

I started playing it recently as well, and I'm loving it! It's a ton of fun and keeps surprising me with being increasingly lovely.
    Bummer if it doesn't run properly on your computer though. You set all the settings to 'low'? Anti-aliasing and dynamic lights/shadows can be real cruel to your framerate.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WalkerTR77

@Manburger:

I set everything to low and what I ended up with was a poor looking, stuttery game. I couldn't bring myself to treat Trine that way so I had to pass on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.