Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Total War: Rome II

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 03, 2013

The successor to the acclaimed Rome: Total War and the eighth main entry in the Total War series, Total War: Rome II returns the series to classical antiquity.

Rome II's Battle of Teutoburg Forest video looks amazing!

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MocBucket62

I don't know how many of the total war fans of GB have seen this trailer already, but please watch it if you haven't! This is Rome II's take of the Battle of Teutoburg Forest, where the former Roman general, Arminius, betrays Rome to command his native people of the Germanic tribes, or Suebi tribe in the game, to ambush the Romans within the Forest! The ambush contains hungry dogs, giant hay fireballs, and many angry barbarians depleting Rome's legions in the most glorious way. I can't completely confirm if this is gameplay footage, but it still looks kickass! Also, I will warn you all that half the video is the trailer and the other half provides links to old videos and CA's youtube channel, but here it is. Enjoy!

Rokkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Is this something that actually happened? I'm doing a Roman history class at the moment and haven't heard anything about this, my period might be too late/early for it though. The history geek in me thinks that this looks pretty cool, and the video-game one agrees. I can never really get into these types of games, but maybe I'll have to try. How dare Arminius betray the senatus populusque Romanus! It's the summum supplicium for him.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

@rokkaku: This did happen indeed. Arminius was actually born as a Germanic tribesman, but was captured by Rome and was trained by the Romans to become a general for their army. In 9 A.D., Rome sent Publius Quinticilious Varus to conquer the Germanic lands once and far all with Arminius as a scout, but Arminius went ahead and then took command of the Germanic tribesmen to ambush and squash the Romans. If you want to learn more about the Battle, click on this link.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@rokkaku: This did happen indeed. Arminius was actually born as a Germanic tribesman, but was captured by Rome and was trained by the Romans to become a general for their army. In 9 A.D., Rome sent Publius Quinticilious Varus to conquer the Germanic lands once and far all with Arminius as a scout, but Arminius went ahead and then took command of the Germanic tribesmen to ambush and squash the Romans. If you want to learn more about the Battle, click on this link.

This pretty much sums up what I was about to say.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.