Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jun 24, 2004

The first game in the Legend of Heroes VI Sora no Kiseki trilogy. Follow Estelle and Joshua Bright on their journey to become Senior Bracers.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky has hit its release date!

Amethus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Amethus

Hey guys, I really don't post on here much at all obviously but I thought I'd mention something about this game. Excuse me for any bad grammar. 

Previously there were three other LoH PSP games that were ported by Namco. They're pretty much considered to be not that good. This title is part of its own stand alone trilogy and considered to be of much higher quality than those previous games. The amount of text in this game is massive and the translation job had some of the folks at XSEED working day and night. (Almost to the point of playful insanity.) The game's story is like a novel and compared to most JRPGs it's a pretty good one. While the game play takes a back seat to the story, it is pretty in depth and challenging if you want it to be with a customization system similar to FFVII's Materia in a way. (There are limits so as to not make everyone complete clones.)  

The combat itself is turn based but the fight layouts you get into are similar to an SRPG. So, turn based with tactical elements is how I saw someone else put it. There are multiple difficulty levels after finishing it on the default mode but like with Ys, there is an option to scale down the difficulty each time you eat it in a particular fight. It's just an option and lets players push through the fight if they find it annoying or continue trying until they finish it. I'll also mention the soundtrack which is also being done by Falcom. If you've experienced some of the other titles Falcom has done soundtracks for, I hope you can agree that the music is generally very good. I know Ys Seven had a wonderful soundtrack that really gets you into the game.  

Anyway length of this game averages to about 50 hours or more. It really depends on how thorough you want to be with the side quests and such. Like I said earlier, it's part of a trilogy so the story ramps up with each chapter and gets better each time. XSEED/Falcom itself is taking a big gamble releasing these games due to how much work goes into a proper translation. (Roughly around 9 months for this title and with a very small crew.) So I thought I'd just spread the word. I mean they've been on a roll as far as releases go lately and if they get enough support, the other games are sure to come over. (Can't say I like Ys 1+2 though...) 

If you own a PSP, I also really recommend that you take a look at either Ys Seven or Ys: Oath in Felghana which are on sale on the PSN. ($19.99) Both are really fun ARPGs and I'll be honest, they looked pretty boring when I saw a trailer for them on this site. Did not happen to be the case though. Oath was close to a Metroidvania in a way and Ys Seven felt like Secret of Mana. The boss battles really test your reflexes and are honestly the most enjoyable parts of those games, along with the music. Personally I'd say start with Seven since I feel it's the most enjoyable.  

Finally, I'll say that I'm not employed by XSEED/Falcom in any way. I've become a recent fan and just thought I'd share, though given the lack of topics I doubt anyone will see this. 

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Valames

I was a fan of Chrono Cross. Sooooo maybe worth a look?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

5 month old thread on the front page, sweet.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @CrazyBagMan: Yet it only has one reply :(

Which is sad, because this is a really great game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.