Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last Guardian

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 06, 2016

The Last Guardian is the long-delayed third game from Sony's Team Ico. Originally revealed in trailer form at E3 2009, the game was met with substantial delays but was reintroduced at E3 2015.

The Last Guardian is officially on hiatus

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Jack Tretton just disclosed this during his interview on Gametrailors with Geoff Keighley.

At this point, I am not sure if we will ever see this game come out.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

That

is a tremendous bummer. :(

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SpaceRunaway

http://kotaku.com/sony-corrects-themselves-says-the-last-guardian-is-not-512720979

Yoshida says it's not. If it's not at TGS, that's a different story. I don't think you should be too worried for the time being.

This is the quote, if people don't want to spend time on Kotaku:

"That hiatus term—I’m not a native English-speaking person—but that’s misleading," Yoshida told me a few minutes ago during an interview here at E3. He'd watched Tretton's comments on Spike.com while eating lunch. "The game is in active development. [Lead designer Fumito] Ueda-san shared updates a few months ago. Nothing has changed. My answer is, 'Yes, the game is in active development.' It’s not hiatus at all. But we are not ready to reintroduce it. When we are ready, we will do that. Please wait."

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By supamon

I wonder how well it'll need to sell to cover the cost of so many years in development.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.