Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last Guardian

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 06, 2016

The Last Guardian is the long-delayed third game from Sony's Team Ico. Originally revealed in trailer form at E3 2009, the game was met with substantial delays but was reintroduced at E3 2015.

Hands-on Preview from Edge, 2016 release "confirmed"

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As the title states, the latest Edge issue has a hands-on preview for The Last Guardian.

No Caption Provided

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/last-guardian-first-hands-preview-edge-2016-release-reconfirmed

Suppose we'll find out more at E3, maybe even a real release date...that they can delay from with a few months. But at least it's still a real game that you can play, apparently. I've never been that hyped about The Last Guardian, as I only played ever played Shadow of the Colossus briefly on PS2 and really couldn't handle the game coughing up blood as it pushed the console to it's limits. ICO I never tried.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hmmm... I don't know.
    I played Ico and started Shadow of the Colossus but, after watching last year's E3 footage, I can't help thinking that this game may have missed its "wow, that's impressive" window by a couple of years or so.

Still, I'll be interested to see what they show of it this year.

Avatar image for cyclonus_the_warrior
    cyclonus_the_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 128

User Lists: 6

@wacomole: I'm with you on that one. Plus after the screenshots and the game's premise I'm just not all that intrigued by it. I'm definitely not pre-ordering it. I'm going to wait for the reviews to come out.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@wacomole: Yeah, at this point, I'm more so just interested to see what it is than actually wanting it, based on the footage showed. All they've showed is very basic platforming. There will have to be significantly more to this game to garner any idea of purchase. I'm sure there will be more but I we'll see just how much.

“The amount of code is very large compared to AI in conventional games. We’ve given this creature its own desires, so depending on what action it wants to take, that affects everything, including its animation. It’s not like a normal humanoid character."

This could totally backfire in terms of gameplay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.