Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Crew

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 02, 2014

A single-player and cooperative driving game that takes place throughout the United States, developed by Ivory Tower.

So I Was Bored

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

And I wondered just how distorted the map in the game really was. So, I decided to try and figure it out.

First, I stitched together a map in the game:

http://i.imgur.com/KeHk9FB.jpg

Then, I took a map of the US and started distorting it to fit the map. I put the areas I knew where they were to the same place on the Crew map. There's some really serious distortion in the mountain states. Like, all of the states between Idaho and Wisconsin are basically gone. Also, Death Valley is nowhere near it's real location which really messed things up.

The East coast seems much less distorted, but I don't know how well I lined up everything. There weren't as many obvious landmarks to work with. Anyway, here's the messed up map with location tags from the game map overlayed.

http://i.imgur.com/0DJT9oO.jpg

Figured I'd share this here.

jszyarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

I knew the map was weird looking or at least had a sense of it but it's pretty comical how bad it actually is. Nice work!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Nice work. I always knew the map was weird but when I actually played the game and saw just how crazy it was... man..

stevewestmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

They purposely made the mountain states about half of the map because they are more interesting to drive through than the Midwest.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

You must have been really bored to do anything related to The Crew.

ElectricViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

For the life of me, the best part about the crew is the fact that Portland is not in it, but Auburn, Washington is. For those of you who aren't from the Pacific Northwest, that's replacing the largest city between Seattle and San Francisco with a suburb. I love it.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#7  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

This is some neat work.

I really can't wait to see someone try this game's scope again in five or ten years. Imagine the size of the maps they'll be able to create - hopefully this time with engaging gameplay to match it.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That's pretty cool!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.