Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Vesperia

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 07, 2008

Tales of Vesperia is a Japanese Role-Playing Game and the first entry in the long-running "Tales of" franchise on seventh-generation consoles.

Vesperia Vs Vesperia

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

A Japanese blogging site Hachimaki, has some inevitable comparison stuff, after some gamers got the game early.

Loading Time (for one specific battle, this may not be representative of the whole game): 

PS3 - 360

Video Comparison:

The video is notably better looking on the PS3 version, colours do seem much richer, however, due to a smaller playback window it's not easily apparent.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Color difference could just be the given contrast/brightness/color settings, or if not then fixable via such settings. I don't see much difference to the combat loading. Anyway, the PS3 version is clearly the definitive one thanks to the added content, but on the other hand not really worth it to people who have already played it, which should be most fans by now. Will it actually be released worldwide?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ryanwho

You mean the version of the game that got an extra year's worth of work done to it is marginally better? A shocker.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By apathylad
    @ryanwho said:

" You mean the version of the game that got an extra year's worth of work done to it is marginally better? A shocker. "

Agreed.

Anyway, the only thing stopping me from purchasing the 360 version of Vesperia is the possibility that the superior PS3 version with extra content is coming  to the US. I hope it gets released here.
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By m1k3

im actually crazy enough to rebuy this for the ps3

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By FCKSNAP

The Anime has richer color possibly due to the fact that it's taking advantage of the bluray codecs.

Why is Vesperia such a big deal again? The previous Tales games always seemed ho-hum and never really received the hype that this one got.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Deusoma

My brother is frothing at the mouth for the PS3 version, despite having beaten the 360 version like four or five times now. Naturally, being an asshole, I hope that they never release it outside of Japan. :)

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Eelcire

Not really seeing much of a difference between the two honestly, though such small videos it's hard to. While I'm jealous that I won't get to play the bonus content, at least a good game will get more sales and fans. Hopefully the next Tales game will get a  simultaneous release on the HD systems.

@Apathylad: I'm quite certain Tales of Vesperia will get released outside of Japan on PS3.

• Eternal Sonata (Trusty Bell) got the exact same treatment. Release first on 360 as an 'exclusive.' PS3 then gets a Japanese release later with extra bonus content and finally it got released outside of Japan.
    • From what I've read the original voice actors for the English version have been called in again for the added dialogue.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By PureRok

The PS3 version loading faster? Not a shock, considering they have to install it to the hard drive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.