Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 25, 2008

This downloadable seventh iteration of Street Fighter II brings further rebalancing, remixed music, training mode, enhanced online multiplayer, and brand new hand-drawn high-definition graphics.

The Analog stick

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lashe

While I can only comment on the 360 analog stick, I'm assuming the PS3's isn't too different.

Is it just me that seems to not play this game with the D-Pad? I've been playing Street Fighter games since my SNES, unfortunately haven't been in the right environment to have been near any SF arcade boxes, not at least in years.

As much as I was used to D-Pad control, I persevered and stuck with the analog stick and have really got to grips with it pretty damn quickly. I'd almost say I was more accurate with it now -- and that's only after a couple of weeks play!

I feel like I'm either damn near alone on this one or in a very much niche group.  Anyone else had any luck with the analog control? 

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Flushes

I absolutely do not understand why people would ever want to use the d-pad on either the dualshock 3 or the 360 controller, for this or any other game. The 360 analog stick is definitely up to snuff for the most part... The stick feels great for smooth quarter circles, and it's nice to have a decent gate to hit when you snap off dragon punch motions or charge supers. Thinking about trying to do that stuff with the awful 360 d-pad makes me cringe. The one problem with the analog stick (although this is alost definitely true of the d-pad also) is that because you're only using your thumb on it, you can't do dragon punch or 720 motions as quickly as you can with your entire arm shoving a full-sized joystick around. From someone who consistently wins with it, don't believe what everyone says about the analog stick.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By HairyMike87

The 360 analog stick works pretty well. It takes a little bit of time to get used to but nothing compares to a good arcade style stick. It isn't the best controller for fighting games, but it works.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JamesF
    HairyMike87 said:
    "The 360 analog stick works pretty well. It takes a little bit of time to get used to but nothing compares to a good arcade style stick. It isn't the best controller for fighting games, but it works."

Pretty much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.