Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 25, 2008

This downloadable seventh iteration of Street Fighter II brings further rebalancing, remixed music, training mode, enhanced online multiplayer, and brand new hand-drawn high-definition graphics.

Should I get this or just wait for SFIV?

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NinjaHunter

I've been wondering whether to get this or not especially with SFIV coming out next month. I'll most likely not touch it after I get SFIV. So is it worth it if I only play it for a month?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

If you're gonna do online immediately then yes you need every ammount of training you can get. but if you're just gonna take your time and play only with your friends that are of similar skill level (or just don't mind getting raped), it can wait. For me I got it to tide me over til SF4.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Reale

personally i would see if the SFIV uses the same net code as sfII hd remix, just because its the same company putting it out, its a different team and i just hope to god they use the netcode from sfII hd remix because people are saying its the best netcode for online fighters to date! if its even a step behind sII HD (easier to type over and over) i might consider not getting sfIV and wait for the psn version to be released in europe instead!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

Two different games, two different fighting systems, even if 4 lends heavily from the download game. Get it if  your a big fan of the original. Getting 4 eventually should not put you off, you may want to indulge in the polished SF2 experience from time to time.

NoahIdea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NoahIdea

Actually SF4 is not completely different as their entire philosophy for it was to keep the simplicity of SF2.
    Definitely pick up SF2THDR, really worth it if you like the series.

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Royale

I didn't think I'd get into it, but now 200/200 points, 150+ ranked matches and plenty of player matches later it was well worth my $15.  Plus it got me insanely pumped for SF4.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By weltal

According to Ryan Scott ST2THDR is superior to SF4.

Can't say myself as I've only played the one of them but damn it's a good time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.