Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 25, 2008

This downloadable seventh iteration of Street Fighter II brings further rebalancing, remixed music, training mode, enhanced online multiplayer, and brand new hand-drawn high-definition graphics.

Ryu's edge over Ken?

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By EvilDingo

Ok, So this game FINALLY got released on PSN in europe (just in time for SF4... which doesn't make any sense really), and I've just downloaded this now and have been goofing around in training.

I know the team behind HD Remix has put a lot of work in making this game particularly well-balanced, but I find myself wondering:
    What IS Ryu's edge over Ken?

It really seems like Ken has a wider "palette" of special-moves... 
    I mean - does Ryu's fake hadoken really make up for what appears to be a smaller arsenal at his disposal.
    Is he less open to damage during his specials or something?

I'm by no means a savant at fighting-games or a frame-counter (I wouldn't have to ask about this if that was the case), but I'm just checking out the game because the rebalancing of this classic intrigues me.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

Ryu hits harder. less chance of people breaking your combos when your combos are short and hard.

Ken on the other hand has a better air game and throw game. As flashy as all those combos Ken has over Ryu, I have reversed so many through so many matches (Ken is like the most common opponet when I play ranked matches), that I can almost say for sure Ken nevers gets of as many combos as he can in say a combo video.

Kens advantage over Ryu? Too flashy, its almost hard to read whats going on. (better Dragon punch, better throw traps)
    Ryu's advantage? when he hits, he hits hard (better fireball game, better hurricane kick)

Overall kinda even (if you know how to play to each of their strengths that is.)

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Ryu does more damage than Ken.

Ken more combo heavy.For example, Ken does three hits in his Dragon Punch while Ryu only does one;however, one hit from Ken's Dragon Punch doesn't do much damage.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By EvilDingo

ok. I figured there must have been something. thanks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.