Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 25, 2008

This downloadable seventh iteration of Street Fighter II brings further rebalancing, remixed music, training mode, enhanced online multiplayer, and brand new hand-drawn high-definition graphics.

Bloody charge-moves...

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By EvilDingo

I guess it's not as much a issue with HD Remix but more general for the franchise...

I can't really pull these moves off consistently.
    I very often fail to pull off on of these moves, which is very annoying since they (as I see it) require a great amount of time and planning as opposed moves that *just* require immediate button presses.

This pretty much confines me to only be able to use about half of the characters. I can pretty much discount using following characters:
    Guile, Chun-Li, E Honda, Blanka, M Bison, Vega, Dee Jay and Balrog.

Funny thing actually. Back in the day when SF2 was new, my main character was actually Guile. This was actually on the version for Amiga though, which (as I can understand) wasn't a very good version of the game... But it was the one I had access to.
    Have never been able to pick Guile up again since... Can't even imagine how people can pull of charge-moves on a d-pad.

I figure the absence of charge moves also is what makes Ryu and Ken the default *beginner* characters.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoG

No worries man, I can't pull of charge moves on a D-Pod either. It has never made sense to me how to time that right. I usually use analog sticks on controllers, or Joysticks.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

2 main thing with charge characters,

ABC (Always Be Charging)
    Plan ahead 2 seconds ahead of time (Thats game time and not real time).

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By super_machine

Dude I can pull off Sumo headbutts like its nothing. Just keep practicing.

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By EvilDingo
    super_machine said:
    "Dude I can pull off Sumo headbutts like its nothing. Just keep practicing."
    well, of cause. Didn't say people couldn't do it. Just said I had a hard time doing it :-)
    Also I fought a dude online playing as Guile, and he was pretty much spamming specials - So obviously you can use them as often as you wish, providing you're able to pull them of.

But admittedly I'm already doing a lot better.
    Since I wrote the last post, I spent a good hour or so in training with Guile. It really becomes more apparent how you use the moves if you set the other character as an computer controlled player. Charge moves comes more naturally when you're forced into blocking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.