Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario Maker

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Sep 11, 2015

This Nintendo Wii U game lets players make their own levels based on four different Super Mario Bros. games, with a deep level of customization and built-in level sharing systems to let other players enjoy their work.

I have beaten the Klepokalypse but i didnt see the level be made

sockmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

I'm curious how Dan beats it and how it was made. I started playing the level like any other level but it was clear I needed to go into the editor and see what I needed to do to save me hours of guess work. It took me roughly 15 minutes of backtracking to figure out how it was to be beaten and then about 1 hour to actually beat it.

I was wondering if anyone has a video of the level being made (I'd assume / hope it will be hosted on the site soonish but I cant wait to see it)

Some notes:

I died to the giant goomba right before the exit once. (got trapped because im an idiot)

I died at least 3 times to the final jump off the note block (every time into the pit)

The first time I made it to the exit I didnt know I was to bring the p-switch with me.

I never died to a thwomp

I played on the gamepad and not the tv.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The SF stream is up on youtube, RIGHT HERE. The link is to the part where they start focus testing it, but Dan spent almost the entirety of the stream designing and trying to upload the map.

sockmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ty for the link!

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I'm convinced as much as I support Scoops in this rivalry, from what I saw after Day one, and he doesn't use the editor to figure stuff out...he's not beating it.

Dan threw so much misdirection in there, especially since a lot of his misdirection is tricks that Dan himself would use as ways to get through the level. Patrick has no clue what he's doing. I don't even know if you can grasp Mario mechanics enough to go into this level naked and be able to puzzle it out. Maybe if you spent weeks on it? I don't know man.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

@devise22: I continue to question the fairness of the question block you have to hit diagonally because there is an invisible block right below it with the sound effect. It's a really gimmicky road block that isn't well earned, because it's not unreasonable to think "OK, that block is just there to taunt you because there is an invisible block blocking you."

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@devise22: I continue to question the fairness of the question block you have to hit diagonally because there is an invisible block right below it with the sound effect. It's a really gimmicky road block that isn't well earned, because it's not unreasonable to think "OK, that block is just there to taunt you because there is an invisible block blocking you."

This is exactly my point. The moment you see it it done successfully, you realize how that makes sense with the way the Mario mechanics work. However without seeing it, you assume it's meant to troll you. It goes even further because Dan has a history of trolling Patrick. The fact that Dan puts the arrow pointing up as if that is where to go (when it actually is where to go) will influence Patrick to think that isn't the solution. That doesn't even get into the fact that there is how many doors just above implying use of POW block as door?

I don't know if it isn't fair though. It's tough. Because it isn't a glitch, and if you understand Mario mechanics enough you will eventually realize you can hit blocks at an angle like that even with one underneath it. It's a trick used even in Super Mario World in a couple levels, but only for secret things usually and never to the exact purpose Dan made it.

The fact that the stage is so hard to execute even when you know what to do makes me think that Patrick is going to struggle to figure it out, as he dies attempting to execute various things that aren't the solution. I think the amount of time it will take him to brute force it will eventually lead him to saying I don't get what to do in several situations, or I can't do this. I really do think he is going to give up on this stage.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@devise22: Honestly, the moment you said "misdirection" I got bored. It ends up sounding just like another Dan troll level. No star.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.