Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Stellaris

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released May 09, 2016

A sci-fi grand strategy game set in a procedurally generated universe from the creators of Crusader Kings and Europa Universalis.

I could use some guidance.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Last STR game I played was Starcraft back when it was still new so that should give you an indication how long ago that was.

I could use some help/guidance for a total newbie.

Much thanks.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Okay, my best advice is to watch an episode or two of a Youtube streamer.

My secondary, less useful advice is:
    1) Your science vessel is the key to the very early game, and it's totally worth getting a second one. Explore your starting system by right clicking a planet and selecting survey system. Then you can do the same with subsequent systems through the use of the galaxy map.
    2) Your ability to build is determined by minerals. You'll find some on the surface of your planet but early on the ease of your early stage will have a lot to do with what uninhabitable planets and asteroids you find that give you additional minerals. Use your construction vessel to build mining stations, and prioritize those over all other types of stations. However, stations cost power upkeep, so if your power change dips into the red, you'll need to find a star or something to build a power station around.

3) Though you may run into some nuisances (e.g. pirates) that can be dealt with using early game ships, for the most part you should not expect much combat for the first hour or so of gameplay.
    4) New colonies are important, but don't colonize a planet just because you can. The resources it takes to build a colony ship in the early game are precious and you shouldn't waste one on a planet with less than 12 or so tiles.

5) Don't neglect diplomacy. Even if you're facerolling early, the galaxy's powers will start banding together into federations and alliances in the mid-game, and you don't want to be on your own.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.