Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

1.1 patch ETA... Today?

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yit

I fired up SC2 for some early, before-school matches, and it said b.net was going down for the majority of the day. 1.1 was supposed to come out mid-September, and Tuesday is Blizzard's usual patch day. 

It's not confirmed, but it's certainly likely.

Thoughts?

mikeprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By mikeprime

I'm hoping today's the day.  Of course, the usual trick of checking the EU forums isn't yielding patch notes so... :-/

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By thatfrood

oh goodie, can't wait to have my ultralisks nerfed. maybe they could reduce roach regen rate some more too.

mikeprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mikeprime
    @ThatFrood said:
    "  oh goodie, can't wait to have my ultralisks nerfed. maybe they could reduce roach regen rate some more too. "
    They are both nerfing the damage (slightly) and giving the ultras splash on buildings.  I'm thinking that overall this is a buff.   

Either way, I'm hoping Zerg get some more love instead of just a few small nerfs for terran, protoss and ultras.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jeffsekai

Its tuesday.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By raiz265

when blizz says mid-september, blizz means october

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nephrahim
    @mikeprime said:
    " @ThatFrood said:
    "  oh goodie, can't wait to have my ultralisks nerfed. maybe they could reduce roach regen rate some more too. "
    They are both nerfing the damage (slightly) and giving the ultras splash on buildings.  I'm thinking that overall this is a buff.    Either way, I'm hoping Zerg get some more love instead of just a few small nerfs for terran, protoss and ultras. "
    This.  It's a stealth buff, dude.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By KaosAngel
    @raiz265 said:
    " when blizz says mid-september, blizz means october "
    That Valve Time, in Blizzard time it means early next year. 

The longer it takes to delay the more I shall win with T, I got no problem with the delays.
    BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By BunkerBuster

There was a recent glitch that was found where you can force your workers to mine at a much faster rate (7-9% per worker) and that the pros were saying it would ruin the game for anyone who didn't have the micro to do it. Maybe Blizzard is fixing that. Its probably just the patch though.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By sjschmidt93

Let's hope not. 

Terran nerf is cool and all, but I'd rather have my zealot stay how they are than have all the T nerfs.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Feanor
    @SJSchmidt93: Zealots will be fine. The amount of zealots you can pump out in the early game is kind of insane.
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DoctorWelch

SCII isnt down for me so idk, did they patch it cause I didnt download a patch lol.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187
    @mikeprime said:
    " @ThatFrood said:
    They are both nerfing the damage (slightly) and giving the ultras splash on buildings.  I'm thinking that overall this is a buff."
    It is a buff.  The Ultralisks were already doing more damage with their base move than they were with Ram, which is why Ram is being taken away.  It's a useless thing.  As for the damage, it's a nerf to their armored damage by, like, five points.  That's no big deal in the grand scheme of things, and if you honestly think it is, then wow. 

Personally, though, I will say this:  as a Zerg player, the upgrades on Mutalisks need to be nerfed a bit.  The fact that they can hit three targets at a time basically is already enough, but add in a 2/2 upgrade to them...and I mean...damn.  I took 30 Mutalisks at 2/2 against around 50 Stalkers at 1/1 and raped them, lost a total of 7 Mutalisks.  It was kind of fucking ridiculous, as the Protoss had no honest fighting chance even though he built anti-air-based units. 

Then again, I also think that Barracks with Reactors need a nerf on build time for marines.  Produce two units at a time, but there is a 3 second longer build time to the Marines.  It makes sense to me, ya know.  With the strength of their defensive structures as well as their siege tanks, it would seem to me that's a logical step. 

Either way, I doubt the patch will hit today, as the scheduled maintenance period doesn't sound like the long process that patching usually ends up being with something like WoW.  Playing that for three years taught me a lot about Blizzard's patching processes.  My guess is that the patch will hit next week. 

I really hope it happens this week, though.  I want to hear Protoss complain a little more before they figure out that they can build up some cannons just like I build up some Spine Crawlers and stop a rush.
    Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Feanor
    @jakob187: If you 6 pool right you'll be in the base before a cannon goes up. But Protoss shouldn't be bitching, they just need to learn how to wall.  

Muta's do need a nerf, they rape protoss pretty hard. But that might be less about the Zerg and more about the Protoss.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#15  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @Feanor said:

" @SJSchmidt93: Zealots will be fine. The amount of zealots you can pump out in the early game is kind of insane. "

Yeah... when 7 pool's start  beating protoss we'll see. Also, how the hell am I suppose to hold off an early marine/marauder push with a longer zealot build time? Long lot build time also means less of everything else... 

In PvT zealots are pretty much the core unit late game.... and it's also the hardest MU for me... so that may make things quite hard.
    Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arjuna

I'm so fucking pissed!  I've had nothing but lag, and I was dropped twice.  It's not my fucking connection!  I checked, and my connection is running smoothly.  I completely cornered a turtling Terran player, and I knew that he surely had run out of resources, so I was just biding my time.  When I got fucking dropped.  that match was a full fucking hour. 

I guess I shouldn't play a Blizzard game on the day they're doing a patch.  What a fucking kick in the ass.  I can't believe that turtling fuck got a win because of Blizzard.  Fuck Blizzard!  I am so close to giving up on this game, it does nothing but make me angry.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By raiz265
    @KaosAngel said:
     The longer it takes to delay the more I shall win with T, I got no problem with the delays. "
    lol :D
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pinworm45
    @jakob187 said:

" @mikeprime said:

" @ThatFrood said:
    They are both nerfing the damage (slightly) and giving the ultras splash on buildings.  I'm thinking that overall this is a buff."
    It is a buff.  The Ultralisks were already doing more damage with their base move than they were with Ram, which is why Ram is being taken away.  It's a useless thing.  As for the damage, it's a nerf to their armored damage by, like, five points.  That's no big deal in the grand scheme of things, and if you honestly think it is, then wow.  Personally, though, I will say this:  as a Zerg player, the upgrades on Mutalisks need to be nerfed a bit.  The fact that they can hit three targets at a time basically is already enough, but add in a 2/2 upgrade to them...and I mean...damn.  I took 30 Mutalisks at 2/2 against around 50 Stalkers at 1/1 and raped them, lost a total of 7 Mutalisks.  It was kind of fucking ridiculous, as the Protoss had no honest fighting chance even though he built anti-air-based units.  Then again, I also think that Barracks with Reactors need a nerf on build time for marines.  Produce two units at a time, but there is a 3 second longer build time to the Marines.  It makes sense to me, ya know.  With the strength of their defensive structures as well as their siege tanks, it would seem to me that's a logical step.  Either way, I doubt the patch will hit today, as the scheduled maintenance period doesn't sound like the long process that patching usually ends up being with something like WoW.  Playing that for three years taught me a lot about Blizzard's patching processes.  My guess is that the patch will hit next week.  I really hope it happens this week, though.  I want to hear Protoss complain a little more before they figure out that they can build up some cannons just like I build up some Spine Crawlers and stop a rush. "
    I'm not saying these changes are the end of the world or anything, but they are nerfs. The ultralisk damage is being reduced to it's base damage - which was just nerfed to be less than what ram is. This ruins how effective they were at killing plantary fortresses, which is what they were pretty good at dealing with and give zerg trouble. I guess it's ok if they're hitting more than one clumped up building.. but that happens so rarely and doesn't really help anything. 

Also, the damage nerf effects only their damage agains mech, and they're supposed to be the solution to mech. Yeah, it's not a big deal or anything, but certainly not a buff. Also weird given that they gave a nerf to siege tanks, but that nerf doesn't change anything at all given that the two best methods of fighting it - roaches and ultras - are considered armored. 

Again though, I'm not claiming it's the end of the world. Just definitely not a zerg buff and kind of not what people were hoping for. 

I also hate going muta every game and want other options to be viable, but that's just me.
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sixghost
    @mikeprime said:
    " @ThatFrood said:
    They are both nerfing the damage (slightly) and giving the ultras splash on buildings.  I'm thinking that overall this is a buff.    Either way, I'm hoping Zerg get some more love instead of just a few small nerfs for terran, protoss and ultras. "

I think the problem is that ZvP is pretty balanced for the most part, so they have to be careful with improving zerg at all. Terran just needs to get nerfed if you ask me.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By thatfrood
    @Pinworm45: In concern to their dealing with pfs, I actually feel that the addition of splash would be helpful for taking out the scvs that'd be repairing it... but it's a tough call to make. But, in the end, reducing damage to armor by 5, no matter how you look at it, is a nerf. Whether the splash damage to buildings makes up for the substantially lower dps is hard to call, but saying that decreasing damage to armor by 5 is a "stealth buff" is absolutely ridiculous.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pinworm45
    @ThatFrood said:
    " @Pinworm45: In concern to their dealing with pfs, I actually feel that the addition of splash would be helpful for taking out the scvs that'd be repairing it... but it's a tough call to make. "
    Kind of.. Maybe in the games current state, but they are changing the priority of repairing SCVs to be high, to finally stop that 5052 zergling and ultras running circles around a thor and doing nothing business. With this change, ultras will attack the SCVs anyway kind of making that irrelevant. And even if they went for the PF, that means there'd be no SCVs in range anyway or they wouldn't be able to attack and would run in circles - or find an area with no SCVs. 
    haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By haffy
    @ThatFrood: If you take the changes as more of an advantage than a disadvantage you can call it a stealh buff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.