Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Battlefront II

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 17, 2017

EA's second Star Wars Battlefront features cross-era characters and locations from the original, prequel and sequel Star Wars movie trilogies. It also includes multiplayer character classes and a story-driven single-player campaign.

PC Matchmaking ?

boiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Purchased Battlefront 1 some months after release on PC. Once everything was all downloaded, patched and ready to go, I hopped in and was ready to have some fun !!! :^)

(Note: I'm on Australia servers here). The matchmaking took over ~15 minutes every time I tried, and there being no server browser meant i had no option but to wait it out. I had a friend relay this exact experience of not being able to find matches without long waiting times. After one day of this I gave up and uninstalled the game.

Now with 2 having come out with massive negative news stories and negative online consensus.. it seems fair to assume this will have even worse matchmaking experience than the first, which for me on PC was a disaster.

I'm finding it impossible to get a sense of actual numbers for Battlefront 2 (PC or otherwise)..

Is Battlefront 2 playable? I know the game has a lot of garbage with slow progression and loot boxes and everything that comes with that, but at the very least I'd like to be able to pick it up on the cheap on PC and find a match to shoot lasers at people for a bit. Anyone able to report on how the matchmaking is for PC players atm? CHEEERS:)

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Haven't played it myself but you get a 10 hour trial by signing up for Origin Access. Cheaper way to find out for sure than buying the game outright.

I definitely wish it was easier to guage player counts for games on a geographical level. Makes it difficult to know if a multiplayer game is worth buying or not.

boiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good tip! thanks.

RK92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried it with the 10 hour trial and it seemed easy enough to find a match. Sometimes it would just hang forever on finding more players though.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usually finding games isn't TOO much of an issue, but I have found myself matched into games with like four people in them a couple of times lately. Not sure why.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.