Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Space Siege

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 12, 2008

Space Siege is an action role playing game from Gas Powered Games, the creators of the Dungeon Siege series. The game gives players the option to replace body parts with cybernetic upgrades.

Space Siege Demo

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By unclejohnny79

A demo for space siege will be available soon

Here

Who is looking forward to this game?

I certainly am.

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By unclejohnny79

Oh sorry posted this thread twice. post in this one

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By mrhankey

mine has an actual download link....is this really the demo?

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By whyzenheimer

Its up now, wasn't up when I commented on the last one.  For me at least.  Downloading.

sculsoldi3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By sculsoldi3r

What is space seige?

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By unclejohnny79

Alright its up! its such a shame im on dial up atm :(

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By unclejohnny79
    sculsoldi3r said:
    "What is space seige?"
    An action rpg in space
    EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By EntwineX

AS a huge fan of DS2 and scifi, I've been looking forward to this game a lot, gonna download it now, too bad I'm hooked to a crappy wlan right now, it's gonna take ages. And not sure how much justice a demo is gonna do to a game like this that is all about looting and leveling(I pressume it's about those).

cyclonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cyclonus

Really enjoyed what little there was of the game on display in this demo. Seriously, it's like 10-15 mins. And you don't get to have much of a look into the skill upgrades and whatnot. But they look similar to the Diablo/Hellgate style trees. They've removed all loot and experience/levelling it looks like. I don't actually mind/care (saw this as a "big deal" complaint for the game over on neogaf), the spare parts/scrap metal system for upgrading armor and weapons looks to do the job nicely, and the combat seems to be fun enough to sustain the game on its own without the standard cheap loot trick dungeon crawls usually pull on you.

Takes a little time getting used to the camera movement. It's a lot like Guild Wars actually, except you can't move the camera with the mouse, you use the keyboard for left/right and zoom in/out. Mouse is only for clicking to move with the left button and weapon firing with the right. Works really well when you get used to it.

Only other possible complaint I've got from the demo is the console/flash game style user interface which just looks really cheap, but I guess I can.. easily.. live with it. It's a defnite buy for me, even from such a short demo.

cyclonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cyclonus
    EntwineX said:
    "AS a huge fan of DS2 and scifi, I've been looking forward to this game a lot, gonna download it now, too bad I'm hooked to a crappy wlan right now, it's gonna take ages. And not sure how much justice a demo is gonna do to a game like this that is all about looting and leveling(I pressume it's about those).
    "
    Yeah, I know-- demos for games such as these.. it's such a futile endeavour. This one despite being so short, I think it represents the game really well. Much more so than other more recent games of the ilk, like Too Human and Hellgate London. Those had really awful demos. It might be because this game doesn't rely on character classes, random loot drops or high levels to find the real game, or countless hours of character/stats building to be able to master the skills and that other built up crap. Space Siege does seem really simple compared to, well even Dungeon Siege 2 possibly though. Will be interesting to see the full game.
    EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EntwineX

Yeah it was a decent, I just wonder if the full game will have more varied environments, like alien planets and such, the space ship in the demo was a very bleak environment, not bad but if the whole game were like that, well I'd pass.

Also classes, character creation and such. Will you have a whole party at your disposal like in DS2? Can you create your own character at the start, choose class etc.? Or are you just playing as that guy and develop him to different directions? The demo left me with more questions than answers.

I liked the core gameplay tho, and it's still on my wish list but not as an immediate buy. Despite being a scifi fan I think I would had rather taken Dungeon Siege 3.

KnuckleHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KnuckleHead

Seeing a lot of mixed reactions for the demo...guess I'll have to check it out when I get home.

cyclonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cyclonus
    EntwineX said:
    "Yeah it was a decent, I just wonder if the full game will have more varied environments, like alien planets and such, the space ship in the demo was a very bleak environment, not bad but if the whole game were like that, well I'd pass.

Also classes, character creation and such. Will you have a whole party at your disposal like in DS2? Can you create your own character at the start, choose class etc.? Or are you just playing as that guy and develop him to different directions? The demo left me with more questions than answers.

I liked the core gameplay tho, and it's still on my wish list but not as an immediate buy. Despite being a scifi fan I think I would had rather taken Dungeon Siege 3.
    "

I'm pretty sure you'll only play as that one guy. And you won't have a party, but you'll get a droid helper guy following you somewhere in there-- which you'll also be able to upgrade. The environments will probably be more varied, but I've got the impression you'll mostly only be on either a or across several spaceships. I've seen some concept art from a spaceship that's got different "themed" sections, like system shock or bioshock, medical area and so on.
    MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MisterSpiffy

I haven't played Dungeon Siege, but as soon as I get time, I'll definitely play it.  It'll be nice to get a sci-fi hack and slash.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By VACkillers

thanks for the heads up, i can't wait to play it, there's been a lot of talk about it so i finally get the chance to see what all the rage is about.... it looked good from the screenshots i've seen

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By VACkillers

ok after playing this demo i can safely say im pretty impressed with the game as a whole... The one thing springs to mind the second i started playing this game was how similar is it to another old game called Shadowgrounds. It has the same playing style, same graphical look and i just freaking love that. The core gameplay is just lots of fun, yeah it has that RPG top-down element but it really doesn't play like it at all, its a much more hands-on your in control of how you attack and your character will not attack unless your clicking buttons which i like, because it gives you a sense its not just a dice roll or an automated action where some fights you'll win some you'll loose like most RPGs. Even tho its short, you did get to see quite a bit of stuff, from how you use the workstations to do your upgrades on your weapons to how you install your cybernetics aswell as the loot system which i liked a lot.

I also thought it has a good storyline to it, aswell as some good CGI video stuff. I thought overall it was quite a lot of fun. I'm guessing the multiplayer you'll be able to play co-op and im sure that will be a blast lol,  and probably you'll only control that one dude through the whole singleplayer campagn but im also thinking you might get to control certain characters in the game to help the main dude get through obsticles and stuff like that. As example, you cant open a door so all of a sudden you get control of some other tech dude who is in some other place, find the leaver, so your guy can continue on heh....

I enjoyed it a lot, and looking forward to the full game.... but was a bit short for a 1GB download...

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17  Edited By OGCartman

Damn, looks pretty good

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By unclejohnny79

hmmm Just finished the demo and it was greats just wished it was longer because it was a big download

Cant wait to see how the story works out

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.