Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Interactive Entertainment America

Company »

Sony Interactive Entertainment America is the North American subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment. SIEA is responsible for publishing and marketing Sony's hardware and software in that region.

Sony, baby! I'm going to make you a STAR!

sirpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

Edited By sirpenguin

To Whom in may concern,

Sony, baby! I want to bring you to Hollywood, my man! We're talking the movie star fast track, you know what I'm saying? Of course you do, baby, of course you do!

Listen, S-Dog, I got a pitch I wanna run by you. No pressure, my man, no strings attached! Just let me know what you think, your people will talk with my people while me and you go grab some celebritory appletinis, ha ha!

Alright, so we got this tween comedy in the backburner, right? Something really classy, real contemporary. It's about this loser nobody who has no friends and is the butt of every joke in highschool. You know the type, I'm sure. A real NERD, am I right, haha? Yeah boy, yeah boy! So we got this loser, right, and one day he gets this great idea. He sees the top dog - the most popular and well liked kid in the school -  walking along and thinks, "What makes him different? What makes him so cool?!" And then it hits him, like a sack of solid gold bowling balls!

The next day the guy comes in and he's wearing the same clothes as the popular guy and has all the same mannerisms. He eats the same things, talks to the same people, and walks exactly like the popular kid. You see, to the loser, he thinks that by simply copying the other guy he too can be popular.

It was hard scouting for talent for this part - what type of self respecting person would be fine with being portrayed like this? Who wants to play the part of someone who envies the popular kid so much that they shamelessly try to mimic them, entirely missing the point of what made the person popular and well liked in the first place? But after seeing your GDC conference I realized that person is you!

So congrats, S-Dog! Let me be the first to welcome you to Hollywood!

Your's Truly,
    SirPenguin

P.S. Oh, and want to know how the movie ends? Everyone sees through the loser's pathetic ploy and he's a lot worse off because of it. A real tear jerker!

sirpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1  Edited By sirpenguin

To Whom in may concern,

Sony, baby! I want to bring you to Hollywood, my man! We're talking the movie star fast track, you know what I'm saying? Of course you do, baby, of course you do!

Listen, S-Dog, I got a pitch I wanna run by you. No pressure, my man, no strings attached! Just let me know what you think, your people will talk with my people while me and you go grab some celebritory appletinis, ha ha!

Alright, so we got this tween comedy in the backburner, right? Something really classy, real contemporary. It's about this loser nobody who has no friends and is the butt of every joke in highschool. You know the type, I'm sure. A real NERD, am I right, haha? Yeah boy, yeah boy! So we got this loser, right, and one day he gets this great idea. He sees the top dog - the most popular and well liked kid in the school -  walking along and thinks, "What makes him different? What makes him so cool?!" And then it hits him, like a sack of solid gold bowling balls!

The next day the guy comes in and he's wearing the same clothes as the popular guy and has all the same mannerisms. He eats the same things, talks to the same people, and walks exactly like the popular kid. You see, to the loser, he thinks that by simply copying the other guy he too can be popular.

It was hard scouting for talent for this part - what type of self respecting person would be fine with being portrayed like this? Who wants to play the part of someone who envies the popular kid so much that they shamelessly try to mimic them, entirely missing the point of what made the person popular and well liked in the first place? But after seeing your GDC conference I realized that person is you!

So congrats, S-Dog! Let me be the first to welcome you to Hollywood!

Your's Truly,
    SirPenguin

P.S. Oh, and want to know how the movie ends? Everyone sees through the loser's pathetic ploy and he's a lot worse off because of it. A real tear jerker!

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Interfect

Duder. You win. I'm almost ashamed to turn my PS3 on now knowing what Sony want's to do to my poor baby....

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Whisperkill

hahaha 

Nice post

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan

I loved every syllable of it. 
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail

This post is fail, sorry.

So Sony blatantly copied motion controls. Amazing, Microsoft blatantly copied the Miis and is using motion technology as well, I don't see you bitching. You should be glad Sony is bringing you the Wii HD all Nintendo fanboys have been crying about for the last 4 years.

So big companies copy each other, welcome to the industry. And don't dare call me a sony fanboy. If anything I am a PC fanboy, I am just speaking for a company that does not deserve the bashing it is receiving.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Exactly. Thank you for that awesome post, sir.

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Castro

So wait. Are you insinuating that Sony is copying Nintendo?

Globox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Globox82
    @Interfect said:
    " Duder. You win. I'm almost ashamed to turn my PS3 on now knowing what Sony want's to do to my poor baby.... "
    OMG what an idiot
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Whisperkill
    @Snail said:
    " This post is fail, sorry.  So Sony blatantly copied motion controls. Amazing, Microsoft blatantly copied the Miis and is using motion technology as well, I don't see you bitching. You should be glad Sony is bringing you the Wii HD all Nintendo fanboys have been crying about for the last 4 years. "
    You act as if Nintendo invented avatars (what miis are).
    Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vision

I am fine with what both Microsoft and Sony are doing. I still enjoyed your post immensley though.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11  Edited By turboman

I hate it when shoe companies rip off other shoe companies and make shoes. Do they know that the original shoe company came up with the idea of the shoe first before the other shoe company? I think the first shoe company should sue the second shoe company, I mean, they completely stole the first shoe companies idea! There is no way that the second shoe company's shoe isn't just an attempt to better the first shoe company's design.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Snail said:
    " This post is fail, sorry.  So Sony blatantly copied motion controls. Amazing, Microsoft blatantly copied the Miis and is using motion technology as well, I don't see you bitching. You should be glad Sony is bringing you the Wii HD all Nintendo fanboys have been crying about for the last 4 years.  So big companies copy each other, welcome to the industry. And don't dare call me a sony fanboy. If anything I am a PC fanboy, I am just speaking for a company that does not deserve the bashing it is receiving. "
    Yeah, people really need to stop all the hatred when they don't even know what it's going to be like.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By natetodamax

I don't understand why this whole thing is a big deal.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Emilio
    @natetodamax said:
    " I don't understand why this whole thing is a big deal. "
    Well basically people are upset because instead of Sony trying something different, they went off to carbon copy the success of the Wii with its Wii remote controllers.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @xobballox said:
    " @Snail said:
    " This post is fail, sorry.  So Sony blatantly copied motion controls. Amazing, Microsoft blatantly copied the Miis and is using motion technology as well, I don't see you bitching. You should be glad Sony is bringing you the Wii HD all Nintendo fanboys have been crying about for the last 4 years.  So big companies copy each other, welcome to the industry. And don't dare call me a sony fanboy. If anything I am a PC fanboy, I am just speaking for a company that does not deserve the bashing it is receiving. "
    Yeah, people really need to stop all the hatred when they don't even know what it's going to be like. "
    I'd say at this point we pretty much know what it is going to be like.
    Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blackout62
    @SirPenguin: While I disagree with your opinion I compliment you on your manner of stating it.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @xobballox said:
    " @Snail said:
    Yeah, people really need to stop all the hatred when they don't even know what it's going to be like. "
    They've already showed just about everything that it's going to be like.
    HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HaltIamReptar

My name is HaltIamReptar, and I endorse this post.  I have not payed attention to any GDC news.  I still got a kick out of this.

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thomasriis1987

funny reading dude! funny reading! :D

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @Snail said:
    And the keyword here ladies and gentlemen is "companies copy each other, welcome to the industry" it's not a big deal and they are not forcing you to use their fancy new motion controller technology.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @xobballox said:
    " @Snail said:
    It's going to be like this...games will sell gangbusters but the games themselves will be hated by journalists because they are bland and uninteresting. Just like the shitload of wii games on the market right now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.