Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sniper Elite V2

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 01, 2012

Sniper Elite V2 is a reboot to the tactical third person shooter Sniper Elite.

I Found It For 30 Bucks (woohoo!)

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By nintendoeats

http://www.getgamesgo.com/

They take Paypal and you get a Steam Key. I just did it. They do ask for your address, which is a bit weird considering their FAQ claims to be download only.

...I can't think of anything to put here that proves that I haven't been turned into a spambot

No Caption Provided

Fuck, I just spent ANOTHER 30 dollars.

I'm bad at being a poor student.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jack_daniels

Haha, I saw this earlier and was kind of scared at its legitimacy. Glad to know its a real site!

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nintendoeats

@Jack_Daniels: I was too, but the fact that they took Paypal reassured me somewhat.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By firecracker22

I'm paying $49.99 plus tax and shipping from gamestop.com.

But, it does come with a sniper bullet keychain that says 'KILL HITLER'.

So, totally worth it in my book...

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nintendoeats

@firecracker22: If it was good quality, that actually would be worth it.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

O wow. Deus ex Augmented eidtion is like 15 bucks. 

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Starfishhunter9

@The_Laughing_Man said:

O wow. Deus ex Augmented eidtion is like 15 bucks.

$7 or $8 on steam digital deals this week.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Starfishhunter9 said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Link.
    iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

@The_Laughing_Man: I think he meant Amazon digital deals. You can get a Steam key when buying it through Amazon too, so it is a pretty good deal.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tim_the_corsair

You got ripped off

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nintendoeats

@Tim_the_Corsair: You're just saying that to be annoying right?

tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tim_the_corsair
    @nintendoeats

No, I'm saying it because the game looks and (at least judging by the demo) plays like it should be sub-$10.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nintendoeats

@Tim_the_Corsair: As a big fan of the first game, I find that it mostly meets my expectations (though so far the levels have been a lot more linear, which makes it a bit too much like Splinter Cell). Graphically it has some rough spots, but it get's the job done. Full review maybe forthcoming if I finish it soon.

It's certainly worth 30 bucks if you're interested in the thing that it sets out to do.

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Starfishhunter9

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Starfishhunter9 said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Link.

www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_362796262_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000716161&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=browse&pf_rd_r=0416E9BX6YEQBBDVQ2AN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1365127002&pf_rd_i=979455011

Augmented is $8 while standard is $7, also a nice deal on dungeon siege, though I am not sure if that game is worth it.

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By drGiggless

I thought this was going to be a post about how you were pissed off you spent $30 on this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@nintendoeats

No, I'm saying it because the game looks and (at least judging by the demo) plays like it should be sub-$10.

LOL

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nintendoeats
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Different strokes, mate.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@Tim_the_Corsair: Sub $10? I'll admit my instant opinion of the game when I saw it's logo and name in steam a week ago or whever it appeared there was that it was not a full $60 but probably more like a $40 game... $10 is not the level this game should be at, whatever you're opinion I think, but less than a full priced game is very reasonable to assume. It 'is' technically lower already, I think it was even $10 pre-order on steam like many other pre-orders on steam, and it's price now is $50.

It's mechanically and visually sound, and seems to have enough content to warrant an above $10 price especially at launch. Before playing the game I'd have wanted it to be around $30, after playing an hour or so I still think I would have wanted it slightly cheaper but I'm not really upset or sad I spent the $50 on it :) It's got some unique fun stuff going on here, and I'm no sniper in other games but I do enjoy a game that grounds itself into a niche area of gaming in a deeper way than you normally see elsewhere. It could have gone farther, someone pointed out they wanted a game where you were running on roofs more rather than out in the streets most of the time, and that sounds neat as well.

tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tim_the_corsair

@DJJoeJoe:

Fair enough.

From what I played of it, the game strikes me as being aggressively mediocre in much the same way that Rogue Warrior was.

However, I'll admit that this is a better game than that; Rogue Warrior should have been sub-$5

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@Tim_the_Corsair: Rogue Warrior shouldn't even exist, compared to all their past games this Sniper Elite v2 is amazing even if it isn't super great on it's own, I think it being as solid as it is marks a high point for the studio.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Humanity

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@DJJoeJoe:

Fair enough.

From what I played of it, the game strikes me as being aggressively mediocre in much the same way that Rogue Warrior was.

However, I'll admit that this is a better game than that; Rogue Warrior should have been sub-$5

It's a solid game that just gets a bit too repetetive and doesn't take full advantage of it's sniper trappings. Definitely not $10 shoverlware but I'd say $24.99 used is the maximum I'd recommend anyone pay for it and even then I suggest trying to find it in the $15 range during a dry season when you want something mindless to play and you enjoy sniping. The demo level puts the games best foot forward but it's a rocky road when you set out playing the campaign.

Despite wanting the realistic sniping experience I'd steer potential future "Eliters" away from the Sniper Elite difficulty setting - instead use custom difficulty and use Marksman settings with all ballistic assists turned off. You are very quickly thrust into intense firefights against multiple opponents from all sides and not even the best sniper can compete with AI opponents that shoot you the moment you lean out from behind cover.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

You got ripped off

Thanks for your input, it was very much needed and asked for. Thanks for sharing!

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@Humanity: Yea that and the AI has very unsmooth animations, so their transistions from standing to croutch is very jerky plus they tend to cycle through standing and crouching very quickly back and forth, that and changing their running/moving directions fast. A lot of games do this, this one does is as much as some of the worste examples from games plus you're kinda wanting to get clean headshots so this can be troublesome. That said it feels like if you take your time you can generally avoid having to be out in the open and track heads that are jerkily moving about. Also you have a pistol, rifle and some tools like grenades you can use to help with enemies that are giving your sniper scope a hard time :)

Definitely wouldn't recommend this game to anyone I know that plays games, but if you're into this kinda stuff and the quick look or other videos peaked your interest you may wanna throw the game on your wishlist and wait for it to drop a bit in price or go on a steam sale.

I've been playing and overall enjoying the game, it's surprisingly solid despite the AI's movement being wonky at times, and visually I like it. I have some videos up as I play through it if anyone wants to watch some lame stuff like that.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B08433984B20271

tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tim_the_corsair
    @SomeDeliCook

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

You got ripped off

Thanks for your input, it was very much needed and asked for. Thanks for sharing!

You're more than welcome! :)

It makes me happy that you're open to people expressing an opinion that is different to yours, instead of just expecting blind agreement.

Glad you're not like that.
    Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By Cirdain

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@SomeDeliCook

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

You got ripped off

You're more than welcome! :) It makes me happy that you're open to people expressing an opinion that is different to yours, instead of just expecting blind agreement. Glad you're not like that.

That was a good analytic take on that comment, I'm glad people like you exist so we may all give comments reviews.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By Humanity

@DJJoeJoe: I haven't experienced the jerkiness much but as I detailed in my review of the game - for a sniper based theme you are far too often thrown into these large scale battles that don't sit well with the sniping way of play. If it's an arcade sniping game where you have a ton of bullet time and bullets go in straight lines then heck yeah bring those nazis/commies on. Since they tried to go for a simulation and holding my breath only slows down time a bit and I have to look out for wind and such having to deal with those crowds is awful.

The rocket factory level was atrocious. The fact that the game forces these firefights is also bad - sometimes you wanna be that perfect sniper you know - quietly take out the guards, climb the tower, get your clean shot and get out of there without anyone even knowing where the shot came from. The game does this to a degree but then always forces you to fight through waves of baddies before the mission ends. I never needed to use my tripwire or mines really.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.