Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadowrun Returns

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jul 25, 2013

Shadowrun Returns is a turn-based RPG created by Harebrained Schemes.

Difference between Dragonfall and Dragonfall Director's Cut?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hey, so I think I bought the Dragonfall add-on back when it was only DLC, and now I'm finally thinking of playing it. Apparently for owning it, I automatically get the Director's Cut, which is the thing they split off into it's own game listing on Steam, so people can skip right past the linear, kinda restrictive original campaign of Shadowrun Returns if they want.

So is there any difference between the two versions, or is the "Director's Cut" just a rerelease of the DLC but as a standalone product?

The Steam page says it adds some stuff, but I'm unclear on whether they've rolled that back into the DLC add-on (like how they added save-anywhere into the main game, so Dead Man's Switch is much more playable now) or if the Director's Cut really is how I should be playing that campaign.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

Director's Cut has stuff that is not in the DLC version. 5 missions, new UI, more endings and basically more everything along with some other smaller usability changes.

Loading Video...

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hayt

They redesigned the UI, added in some more missions (at least one per party member I believe) and added in some more items, talents etc that are only in the standalone version. If you own both you should absolutely play the directors cut. Same game + more.

Edit: beaten to the punch

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BisonHero

Alright, cool, thanks guys.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Director's Cut is fabulous, enjoy.

I can't imagine playing Dragonfall without the expanded backstory/side missions for your Shadowrunners. They really added a lot to the overall feel of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.