Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Salt and Sanctuary

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 15, 2016

Side-scrolling 2D action RPG about a sailor shipwrecked on a mysterious island.

PSA: This game has local co-op!

mrroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I don't think I had seen this fact mentioned anywhere (though I'm sure y'all will correct me). Using the stone sellsword lets you bring in a second player.

It definitely reduces the challenge of the bosses, but I've had a blast just wrecking everything with my son for a couple hours today, so wanted to spread the word about that feature in case anyone else missed it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

You can also duel each other. How does the gear work with co-op by the way?

mrroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@fredchuckdave: All item pickups go to both people, upgrades, purchased items, salt, and gold seem to be independent. Brands only go to the primary player however (the sellsword gets the ability but not the brand in their inventory), and the sellsword's world is unaffected by their actions in the primary player's campaign. The sellsword can also not:

- initiate travel through doorways

- have the camera follow them if they move too far from the primary player

- interact with non-vendor NPCs

- make offerings at sanctuaries, claim sanctuaries

- initiate boss fights if the primary player is dead (at least not with the actual boss title popup and boss lifebar)

Sounds complicated, but it's fairly intuitive in-game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.