Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Robomodo

Company »

Robomodo was a Chicago-based development house largely known for their titles in the Tony Hawk series.

Why does Activision keep letting Robomodo release complete fucking garbage?

Whizbang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't understand why this company has continued to exist. Are their mobile games super lucrative or something? It seems like all they release are flaming piles of shit.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

I'm happy they still have jobs, so I'm conflicted about it. I don't like wishing people out of a job, especially in a company like Activision.

I really don't feel like they actually care about Tony Hawk because the games they release are always trash.

It's highly possible they still exist because they will make games at a severe pay cut or work with low overhead or something. Given the contract Activision has with Tony Hawk they may have to keep making these games so they threw it over to their cheapest studio. Their work feels like one of those Russian/Eastern Bloc studios that used to exist (maybe still exists?) in the early 2000s that kept making really bad games and you never understood how they kept being able to release games when all their games were trash and completely unstable.

But ya, I think it's a contractual thing. Activision being the money grubbing soul suckers they are they are probably saving money continuing to let Robomodo make these games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.