Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

In the third game in Insomniac's Resistance franchise, you will play as Joseph Capelli, murderer of previous protagonist Nathan Hale, as he journeys across the Chimera-controlled United States.

Should I play R3?.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ozzdog12

Resistance 1 was the first game I bought and played on my PS3. I loved it(for the most part)

Resistance 2 I received from Gamefly and hated just about everything about it....

I played the Resistance 3 demo and felt it was really 'bleh'. The reviews make it out to be better than the two previous titles....I received it from Gamefly on Monday and havent touched it(Mostly because I've been busy and when I have time, I put it towards Uncharted 3 or Gears 3) So my question is, should I play it and try it out or send it back now and get something else and maybe when there is a dry spell of games, rent it again?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marcsman

I think the solo campaign is outstanding.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I thought it was pretty good, it just came out at a bad time with all the huge releases. I wish Resistance could have stood up with the top dogs like COD and BF but it just can't and was overshadowed.

The game overall is still damn fun though.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ozzdog12

Well I bought Dead Island, Gears 3, Rage, Batman AC, and Uncharted. I havent beat Dead Island yet nor U3(im almost done with 3) I've also got Skyrim and Rayman at the top of my list on Gamefly....I just dont want R3 to sit here on my computer desk for a month and half like Deus Ex did...

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By memo

The campaign is worth a play through but the multiplayer if your typical fps shooter with load outs. R2 multiplayer was much funner IMO

Sawboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Sawboss

I found the campaign to be quite good, I too did not like resistance 2. The weapon wheel being back is a huge improvement, you always have crazy weapons to use. Also oddly refreshing to have health packs...not sure why. But yeah, if you got it already give it whirl.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.