Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

In the third game in Insomniac's Resistance franchise, you will play as Joseph Capelli, murderer of previous protagonist Nathan Hale, as he journeys across the Chimera-controlled United States.

Going Gold Celebratory Trailer. Also Bonus On-Disc Crap Announced

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Incredibly by-the-numbers trailer we have here. Only two important things to note: Capelli is being voiced by The Robin himself, Mr Atkin Downes, and that you'll also be teaming up with Elvis Presley.  
          Or Zeke's Grandfather.
          Or Zeke's Grandfather.
    What did certainly catch my eye though, is the knowledge that Resistance 3 will feature an ensemble of music videos, movie trailers and video game demos. The demos are completely pointless since they're all demos you could find on the PS store already; talking games like inFAMOUS 2 and Killzone 3. I suppose that's to cater to the whatever percentage of people who still don't have an internet connection or whatever, but it's fucking weird regardless. 

At least the demos are still somewhat relevant. Music videos and movie trailers, however..?? That's equally as weird and a little icky to go along with it too. It's all from Sony's other avenues Sony Pictures and Sony Music, but it's still pretty surprising which how much effort Sony are putting towards Resistance 3. First there was the 3DTV bundle, then the cross promo with Battle: LA, and now Resistance 3 is looking to deliver some of the latest Foo Fighters, AC/DC and Incubus?? Is this even a game anymore, or just a mule making the promotional rounds for Sony?  

Hyperbole aside, I just hope this isn't the latest golden egg Sony have hatched to completely integrate their entire media network. All of this will, hopefully, be contained with a specific menu anywhoo so there shouldn't be too much reason to ramble...for now!!! 
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

...AC/DC have new tracks out?

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By benjaebe

I've been meaning to download the beta but haven't bothered yet. The game is actually looking pretty good. As for the bonus stuff, I don't really mind.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee
    @benjaebe said:
    I've been meaning to download the beta but haven't bothered yet. The game is actually looking pretty good. As for the bonus stuff, I don't really mind.
    The multiplayer looks incredibly uninspired, and is quite literally looking like yet another CoD clone. The single player at least looks to be pretty ace. As for the bonus stuff, I can't help but find it a lil unnerving, but it doesn't bother me too much either. Long as I don't enter a set-piece in the SP with Incubus' Drive song kicking in...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.