Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Armageddon

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

Get your ass back to Mars in the fourth installment of the environmental destruction-focused Red Faction series. In Armageddon, players go back underground for the first time since the original Red Faction.

Expect A Red Faction Downloadable Before Armageddon Hits

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

What's better than one Red Faction: Guerrilla sequel? The answer is two follow-ups to 2009's Martian open-world action game. And, oh, aren't we the lucky ones.

Much like what Capcom is doing for Dead Rising 2 with the XBLA-exclusive Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, THQ is set to precede Red Faction: Armageddon with a separate XBLA and PSN release in the hope of generating more revenue and stirring up a bit more interest.

This is according to THQ VP Danny Bilson, who revealed as much to CVG during a chat at E3 2010. "One of the other strategies we have is Xbox Live and PSN games on our big brands. They're revenue generators and marketing tools," he told the pub. 

No Caption Provided

== TEASER =="There's going to be a Red Faction arcade game that ships about three or four months before Armageddon," he explained. "What's interesting is that we will sell it to the fans. It will have content you can download that is TV show-related. It will build up to the new game and also we can use it to drive pre-orders, too."

Downloadable companions won't end at Armageddon. At least one other Volition title, the next Saints Row, will be subjected to this new "multi-faceted mini-games approach." Comic books and a downloadable jam are to be expected, says Bilson.

Unfortunately, every detail about these downloadables are now caught in a THQ exec's marketing web, painting a picture of them being money grabs as opposed to solid releases. Good thing Volition, assuming the studio is the developer behind this downloadable, is pretty good at actually making games (on top of explodey tech).

So, when should you expect this supposed Red Faction downloadable? Around December or January, if Armageddon stays on track for its March 2011 release. Neat.
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

What's better than one Red Faction: Guerrilla sequel? The answer is two follow-ups to 2009's Martian open-world action game. And, oh, aren't we the lucky ones.

Much like what Capcom is doing for Dead Rising 2 with the XBLA-exclusive Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, THQ is set to precede Red Faction: Armageddon with a separate XBLA and PSN release in the hope of generating more revenue and stirring up a bit more interest.

This is according to THQ VP Danny Bilson, who revealed as much to CVG during a chat at E3 2010. "One of the other strategies we have is Xbox Live and PSN games on our big brands. They're revenue generators and marketing tools," he told the pub. 

No Caption Provided

== TEASER =="There's going to be a Red Faction arcade game that ships about three or four months before Armageddon," he explained. "What's interesting is that we will sell it to the fans. It will have content you can download that is TV show-related. It will build up to the new game and also we can use it to drive pre-orders, too."

Downloadable companions won't end at Armageddon. At least one other Volition title, the next Saints Row, will be subjected to this new "multi-faceted mini-games approach." Comic books and a downloadable jam are to be expected, says Bilson.

Unfortunately, every detail about these downloadables are now caught in a THQ exec's marketing web, painting a picture of them being money grabs as opposed to solid releases. Good thing Volition, assuming the studio is the developer behind this downloadable, is pretty good at actually making games (on top of explodey tech).

So, when should you expect this supposed Red Faction downloadable? Around December or January, if Armageddon stays on track for its March 2011 release. Neat.
    drakedangerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By drakedangerz

Yay! I loved the last Red Faction, so I can't wait for this to hit.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

The comments made by the THQ exec definitely don't sit well with me, but hey, as long as this downloadable thing is good, then I don't have a problem with it. Can't wait for more Red Faction!

hpv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By hpv

TV show-related?  What does that even mean?

cyrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By cyrax

So the PC gets left out of the RF goodness again? :(

buwchbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By buwchbach

Yay! I loved Guerilla, I actually revisited its multiplayer last weekend, it still plays great.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @hpv said:
    " TV show-related?  What does that even mean? "
    THQ is in talks with SyFy to create a made-for-TV Red Faction movie that may later transition to a full-fledged TV show.
    wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By wrecks

Well, I'm for it!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napalm

Please hurry up with my god damned Saints Row 3, please.

hpv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By hpv
    @OneKillWonder said:
    " @hpv said:
    " TV show-related?  What does that even mean? "
    THQ is in talks with SyFy to create a made-for-TV Red Faction movie that may later transition to a full-fledged TV show. "
    Oh, I heard something about someone doing a Red Faction movie but I must have missed the thing about SyFy and made-for-TV.  Thanks for clearing that up. 

And a bit off topic, but how stupid was the SyFy rebranding?  Who thought that was a good idea and how disastrous is it that it's probably working? 

@Napalm said:
    " Please hurry up with my god damned Saints Row 3, please. "
    OMFG!   YES!  Unless they totally screw it up that's going to be the game to beat in 2011.
    JuanSolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By JuanSolid

Well I thought this game was kinda dead for updates, which is one of the reasons I am 'Let's Play'ing it. It's fun to play and watch someone play. Glitches are nice and fun except when they kill you lol.

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Box3ru13

More RF is good, very good. 

dirtyword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dirtyword

It's impossible to 'continue reading this story' on the iPhone app I paid money for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.