Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

So where is our remastered version?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Of all the games that have been remastered over the last few years, I find it odd this game has not gotten that treatment. I was just listening to old Bombcast clips, and one of them was from an email talking about the ending to the game. And as soon as they started talking about it, I had the itch to play through the game again. And as someone who just purchased a remaster of Sleeping Dogs, it got me thinking that there really should be a remaster for this. The game was amazing. The story was fantastic. The ambient things to do around the world never really got annoying or boring. At the time it looked great. It was just a really good game overall. And since it doesn't seem like we will ever get another one of these. It would be nice to get a remaster of this one.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

We NEED the BENZ!!

Sequel is coming though no question.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Onemanarmyy

after the sequel is done

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This series needs to be on PC I never understood why Rockstar always treated PC gamers as a after thought.

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rockstar doesn't care

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't believe the rumors of a sequel are real.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

From some of the recent news about Rockstar and the production of Red Dead Redemption I get the sense that this project was a rough time within the company. While the game is phenomenal it could be the case that it's not loved by the big players within Rockstar so their interest in porting it might be less than whatever their next big thing is.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The rumours are that the code is such a garbage fire of a mess that it's a miracle the game works at all and any attempt to go back and work with it would require far more effort than it's worth.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The rumours are that the code is such a garbage fire of a mess that it's a miracle the game works at all and any attempt to go back and work with it would require far more effort than it's worth.

That's interesting. My guess is that it's poorly commented and documented code.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10 FinalDasa  Moderator

Remember when everyone was disgusted at the very idea of remastering most games? Then the new consoles came.

I doubt Rockstar needs to waste time remastering Red Dead. Why make small potatoes when you could make a GTA 6?

The real question is why doesn't Rockstar, or Take Two, allow Red Dead to be backwards compatible?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real question is why doesn't Rockstar, or Take Two, allow Red Dead to be backwards compatible?

Probably because they don't want to give it away for free.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pyrodactyl

@jec03 said:

This series needs to be on PC I never understood why Rockstar always treated PC gamers as a after thought.

Because releasing a huge game like GTA 5 on PC simultanuously meant providing millions of people a way to press 3 buttons and get it for free. Having a delayed release date meant forcing people who really wanted to play GTA to buy it.

Thankfully I hear there's an nearly uncrackable uninvasive DRM solution out there that might make that problem go away. Great news for people who like playing AAA PC games. Who knows, maybe RDR 2 will come out at the same time on PC.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would buy Red Dead Remarston in a heartbeat.

ehbunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@probablytuna: Haha that's great I almost missed that pun, I'd totally buy Red Dead Redemption Remarstoned edition

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ehbunner: With that amazing title, would that then mean all the zombies in the DLC would now have Marston's face?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

the common misconception is that Rockstar is just one company. A choice like porting over a large game into a new architecture would take on a lot of resources in that team to make it.

ehbunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ehbunner

@sterling: Alright that super seals the deal, I Need this remarstoned game

Someone get The BENZ on this asap

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ezekiel

I'd rather have a remaster of Max Payne 3. RDR is a game I could play only once. MP3 is one I could play over eleven times. I'd like them to fix the broken V-sync, improve movement (like the crouch), replace the pre-rendered low res cutscenes with in-game cutscenes and make skipping all of them possible. Ideally, all these changes would come with an update, but I know a publisher like RS isn't gonna put the effort in if they can't resell it.

jaffaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As much as I love Rockstar (I have a physical key to the city for 100% completing GTA IV within 72 hours of release) it's worth posting the Rockstar San Diego wives story again as a reminder that they nearly killed people to get this game out.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By notnert427

I'm convinced that the RDR2 announcement will happen at E3 (after all, they've squeezed about everything possible out of GTA V, and we probably won't see GTA 6 anytime soon, so now's the time to fill the void) accompanied by the announcement that the backwards-compatible version of RDR will be bundled with it on Xbox One. My understanding is that the reason RDR never made it to PC (and will likely never get a remaster) was because the game's code is basically a giant dumpster fire. However, running the game in its original, functional form shouldn't cause any issues, so BC is certainly possible. Given that RDR briefly showed up on Xbox One BC for testing a few months back, the timing lines up with a prospective RDR 2 announcement, and it would be a way for R* to squeeze some more $ out of RDR by helping move copies of the new one without having to go through the reported nightmare of trying to port it. The demand is there, and it makes too much sense to not happen. At least that's what I'm hoping....

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: RDR was one of my favourite games of the last generation, no question.

THAT being said? I wouldn't pay money to play a remastered version of it. I want a proper sequel!

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean PC version, right?

Mysterious0Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean PC version, right?

I don't even need the graphics to be overhauled or anything crazy like that, I just want a PC version. I have the urge to play numerous games from the last generation but I don't have the means of plugging my 360/PS3 back in, a version on steam would be ideal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.