Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quake

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 23, 1996

The follow-up to id's 1993 game Doom, and one of the earliest first-person shooters to make full use of 3D polygonal graphics and level design. Featuring a dark and gritty atmosphere inspired by gothic and Lovecraftian fiction, players traverse numerous dimensions in an attempt to stop the invasion of eldritch forces led by the mysterious "Quake".

Machinegames creates a new episode for Quake

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By gundogan

In honor of Quake's 20th birthday, new Wolfenstein's developer Machinegames released a new episode for Quake.

Place it in a folder named dopa (think other names work too) in your main Quake folder (all versions should work, original winquake works for sure, also on win10 64bit) and run the dopa.bat file.

John Romero also released some old developement stuff from Quake:

http://rome.ro/news/2016/6/22/happy-20th-birthday-quake

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
    Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Joe_McCallister

Gotchu dawg - there's a Tweet button *in the editor here on GB that lets you insert the Tweet URL - otherwise the three dots under the tweet on Twitter itself throws a embed link at you.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ShaggE

And thus, my night has been planned for me.

Edit: Played through a couple levels... this is some Quake-ass Quake, yo. The enemy placement feels kind of horde-y, but I love the actual level design.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gundogan
    GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pushing through this on Normal, and they're not messing around with these enemy placements. This is truly the Dark Souls of Quake episodes.

I've hit a wall on E5M7 (The Otherworld). It starts with a Super Shotgun pickup, then a key pickup that drops you into spiked trash compacter trap. If anybody figures out how to escape, feel free to share it here. If I figure it out first, I'll share with a spoiler tag. Gotta crowdsource this new shit!

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GalacticPunt

Writing the problem out pretty much solved it right away: there are two switches to shoot above you, but they face outward towards each spike wall, shooting from directly below won't do it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.