Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 09, 2009

Prototype is an open-world action game from Radical Entertainment. You are Alex Mercer, a human transformed by a deadly virus into a virtually invincible killing machine.

Zero Punctuation: Prototype

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

This weeks episode of Zero Punctuation is Prototype.  He has some good things to say and some bad things.  Want to know if this game is better then InFamous?  Watch the video to find out.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

Best conclusion ever.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By flaminghobo

Glad he didn't take the one side of a game. He did bring up some points that I've noticed, such as Alex's lack of consisantcy in emotion.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By VWGTI

The comment about running up the side of a building and then elbow dropping someone from 200ft makes me want to play Prototype.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Luke

Hopefully, just hopefully, hopefully, this will be the last and final thing every made on the whole inFATYPE/[PROTOmous] debate. 

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MeierTheRed
    @Luke:

I´m with you a 100% on that one, i can´t take it anymore.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By clubsandwich

I love this guy hahaha

Aounslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Aounslaught
    @Luke said:
    " Hopefully, just hopefully, hopefully, this will be the last and final thing every made on the whole inFATYPE/[PROTOmous] debate.  "
    Quite honestly, after playing both these games, I don't even see the similarities. Apart from the fact that they're both about guys with superpowers in an open world, there's NOTHING in common. From the gameplay to the story to the atmosphere of the world itself, everything looks and feels different.

Nonetheless, I do hope that this stops. All it does it piss people off, for the most part. It just basically boils down to a fanboy flame battle more often than not. =\
    SolidestChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By SolidestChimp

i love both games i just dont get why every1 cant just shut up and like them  both i like prototype a bit more but stil love infamous

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By teekomeeko
    @h83r said:
    " @Luke said:
    " Hopefully, just hopefully, hopefully, this will be the last and final thing every made on the whole inFATYPE/[PROTOmous] debate.  "
    Quite honestly, after playing both these games, I don't even see the similarities. Apart from the fact that they're both about guys with superpowers in an open world, there's NOTHING in common. From the gameplay to the story to the atmosphere of the world itself, everything looks and feels different.Nonetheless, I do hope that this stops. All it does it piss people off, for the most part. It just basically boils down to a fanboy flame battle more often than not. =\ "
    I agree - I see close to nothing that these games have in common that butt-loads of other games don't also have (might as well throw Midnight Club LA in the comparison if people are just using "open-world" to bundle them together). And yet when I say this people just look at me and say "NO, they are the same thing, except _____ sucks!" I've actually just started lying to people and saying that I haven't played either just to avoid stating an opinion that will be quickly disregarded and (somehow) thereafter insulted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.