Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 09, 2009

Prototype is an open-world action game from Radical Entertainment. You are Alex Mercer, a human transformed by a deadly virus into a virtually invincible killing machine.

So I Just Finished Prototype...

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

and I gotta say that while it was a lot of fun however, the story did absolutely nothing for me. I loved all the powers and abilities that you had at your disposal and the fast/fluid action made the game very enjoyable but I found myself not caring one bit for the story or any of the characters. Maybe this is just me but I feel like they didn't even try to make the player invested in what was going on. What did you think of the game? Did you find yourself caring at all about the story or were you just rushing through it to get all the powers like me?

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Icil

I skipped all the cutscenes, yeah. Mercer's strong enough to make his own damn story. I was really hoping and expecting more Mercer's that I could fight. Hunters are lame.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By armaan8014

Im gonna get the game in some time, contrary to what people have been saying about it.   I was hoping the story would be good, but i really want some body tearing action to remove my anger on.

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@armaan8014 said:
    " Im gonna get the game in some time, contrary to what people have been saying about it.   I was hoping the story would be good, but i really want some body tearing action to remove my anger on. "
    you'll get plenty of body tearing action with this game. Just don't expect to care about why you are able to do this
    ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By ki11tank

gameplay, thankfully was solid enough to hold my interest, story was quite lacking throughout and if i didn't have the opportunity to go iron chef on everyone it wouldn't have been that great.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By buzz_clik

The story's just a mishmash of generic sci-fi / horror games and movies...

• Experiment gone awry? Check.
    • Amnesiac antihero trying to piece together some plot as well as his past? Check.
    • The army's been called in? Check.
    • Big gloopy mutated creatures to deal with? Chiggedy check.

There were a couple of times I just skipped the cutscenes, and my understanding of the story wasn't hampered in the slightest. I did, however, have a lot of fun with the game.
    SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SilvarusLupus

I found the W.O.I much more interesting than listening to the main story.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

I dont give a fucking crap about the story.

narollaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By narollaho

I did not  really get into the story. I think Alex Mercer is a awesome character though and his voice actor was amazing...  but I definitely found myself playing just to get more experience to get cooler abilities.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By spankingaddict

Alex Mercer is a crappy character just like the game.. i cant believe i almost beat the game...

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By nvmfst

Tried the game, but wasn't too impressed. I have not mastered the controls and some of the textures look a little off.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Baillie

The game as a whole was very very boring. So what if I have all these powers, after an hour of gameplay, I realised I was doing nothing different that what I did at the start of the game. Very good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.