Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon

Franchise »

The Pokémon franchise has spawned numerous titles and spin-offs, spanning several generations of games and has an animated series that spans many seasons.

Two new Pokemon for upcoming fifth generation project revealed

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

Edited By DrRandle

Crafty Japanophiles have uncovered new information regarding two new Pokemon from the next generation of games, a project that was announced earlier this month. Supposedly they're going to be upgrading the mechanics and trying to give the series a more fresh set of improvements, but whatever. Let's talk new faces. Here they are:

No Caption Provided

Part of me wants to believe these aren't even real based on two things: the first is that they kind of don't really even look like Pokemon. Maybe the one on the right (clearly the unevolved form), but that thing on the left... I don't know, maybe. The other reason I don't think they're real leads back to the misinformation I remember finding about the last generation of Pokemon games. IGN says they're supposed to be dark types, which only further leads my suspicion. Seeing as how dark types are generally regarded as being "cool" by the older crowd (likely because they're dark and gritty), if someone WERE to make up fake Pokemon, dark would be the first type I would expect them to do.

In any case, I don't suppose it looks too terrible. I would expect some fire in there, if it's not strictly dark, just because of the little flame tuft of hair on the tiny guy's head. It's not the worst designed Pokemon (*Cough*Claydol*Cough*). I hope this is not a symbol of some crazy direction they're taking with the next generation designs. I don't need them trying to give my Pokemans an edge. I'm not one of those people who thinks there hasn't been a cool Pokemon since the original 150... not by a long shot. I love Loudred and Bastiodon and whatever that crazy Metroid Prime looking thing Shellos evolves into....I'm just worried that we don't really need more monsters. Allthough I should have known they would never stop. They will never stop. Even if the series does evolve into a completely new type of game, there will always be new monsters piled on top.

I'll save my discussion on how to make a better Pokemon for closer to the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver, so for now, let's just talk about our thoughts on this Pokemon, shall we?
    DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By DrRandle

Crafty Japanophiles have uncovered new information regarding two new Pokemon from the next generation of games, a project that was announced earlier this month. Supposedly they're going to be upgrading the mechanics and trying to give the series a more fresh set of improvements, but whatever. Let's talk new faces. Here they are:

No Caption Provided

Part of me wants to believe these aren't even real based on two things: the first is that they kind of don't really even look like Pokemon. Maybe the one on the right (clearly the unevolved form), but that thing on the left... I don't know, maybe. The other reason I don't think they're real leads back to the misinformation I remember finding about the last generation of Pokemon games. IGN says they're supposed to be dark types, which only further leads my suspicion. Seeing as how dark types are generally regarded as being "cool" by the older crowd (likely because they're dark and gritty), if someone WERE to make up fake Pokemon, dark would be the first type I would expect them to do.

In any case, I don't suppose it looks too terrible. I would expect some fire in there, if it's not strictly dark, just because of the little flame tuft of hair on the tiny guy's head. It's not the worst designed Pokemon (*Cough*Claydol*Cough*). I hope this is not a symbol of some crazy direction they're taking with the next generation designs. I don't need them trying to give my Pokemans an edge. I'm not one of those people who thinks there hasn't been a cool Pokemon since the original 150... not by a long shot. I love Loudred and Bastiodon and whatever that crazy Metroid Prime looking thing Shellos evolves into....I'm just worried that we don't really need more monsters. Allthough I should have known they would never stop. They will never stop. Even if the series does evolve into a completely new type of game, there will always be new monsters piled on top.

I'll save my discussion on how to make a better Pokemon for closer to the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver, so for now, let's just talk about our thoughts on this Pokemon, shall we?
    DrFidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DrFidget

They’re real, it was confirmed days ago by CoroCoro. Their names are Zorua and Zoroark. They’re the headliners of the upcoming movie Pokemon Phantom Champion Zoroak. Also what do you have against Claydol?    

Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ignor

They're not the next cubones, that's for sure.

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By thebatmobile

We need a 3D Pokémon MMORPG.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Capum15

The right one reminds me of Vulpix and Eevee.

The left seems like a Super Sayan Lucario but with dark/red hair.

Meh, Absol's still my favorite. Wonder what the games will be called.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By innacces14

I can't help but comment that this just means about 100 more pokemon Ash is gonna be boasting about catching, catching a handful, and then releasing them in an episode I'm gonna browse over out of curiosity only to have my inner-child scream "are you a fuckin' idiot?!" Damn, does the anime piss me off.

Overall that is pretty dandy. <--(no sarcasm)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.