Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon

Franchise »

The Pokémon franchise has spawned numerous titles and spin-offs, spanning several generations of games and has an animated series that spans many seasons.

Rumour: Pokemon Plus & Minus: The Wii U games.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Nintendo has got two faces, one is the successful path blazed by Nintendo 3DS, the other one is Wii U and its poor sells around the world. Don’t worry, there is a solution for everything and Nintendo could have done its homework planning two new Pokemon games for Wii U. ..

>GameFreak plans to completely overhaul the basic systems of battle, simplifying the process.

>The development team is “going to put a lot of ideas they have wanted to do for years in this game”.

>Two versions already have code names, possibly final: Pokemon Plus and Pokemon Minus.

>Theme is “Old Tradition VS New Exploration”

>New region, no name yet, is based on South East Asia with one large peninsula and many smaller islands.

>Three new starters with no names:..

>More traditional Pokemon-like gameplay will be on the Handheld controller while an all new gameplay aspect will be on the Terminal unit.

>The “Pokken Fighers” render that was teased was running on Alpha kits, Beta kits now have advance cell shading. Going for very detailed “living anime” look.

>The new “Team” villains are described as a bunch of “Sohei Zelots”-types who have discovered the player’s best friend as a reincarnation of a special type of person who only is alive every 100 years. They believe the old system where people were given a Pokemon egg and they stick to that Pokemon until they die and who’s function in society dictate what role that person is. They are against the “modern” trend of Pokemon Trainers and capturing multiple Pokemon and are making a holy pilgrimage to evoke the old Legendaries to turn everything back to normal. ..

>Many Pokemon from Hoenn and Sinnoh will make a return.

>Variety of Pokemon Gyms..

>The island gameplay with Gym Leaders and the Elite Four island can be played entirely on the Handheld and can be blown up on the Terminal for home play.

>New Pokemon Type similar to Shinies, no details yet on how they work but I’ve been told they “change the game significantly”.

>The “Mainland” is an MMO-like environment that is exclusive to the Terminal and is shared by both versions.

>Players all over the world online can chat, trade, intermingle and experience new-updated story lines on the mainland. ..

Apparently this leak invites to think there are two new Pokemon games in development for Wii U. Really is just one game with two different versions and slight changes between those versions (like Pokemon X & Y). It would be a smart move for Wii U.

Thanks, Dual Pixels.

vgleaks: Rumor: Information for two new Pokemon games leaked (“Pokemon Plus” & “Pokemon Minus”)

Dual Pixels: Rumor: Information On Next Gen Pokemon Games, Dubbed “Pokemon Plus” & “Pokemon Minus”

So, this whole post has a bunch of Poke-jargon, that's probably like spoilers or something, about what type of Pokemon it has. The lore they're trying to throw in there about Poke-Traditionalists, is at least interesting. I also remember an interview I read on IGN, and a question was asked if they're ever gonna do a Pokemon game on console, Wii at the time. And that the Nintendo guy got it translated, laughed and said that he doesn't think it will ever happen because he likes the portable experience how they do in Japan, etc. 'Something like that.

No Caption Provided

And at least the leaked render thing, I do remember that part. I thought it looked something like Pokemon Arena where you play in the streets, and its edgy, or something.

As far as the concept, as long as they make a Skyrim type of game, where there's sort of like infinite quests and things to do, I think this can work. It can maybe even sell a few Wii Us.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I fell into the uncanny valley with that screenshot

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

that screenshot makes me wonder if people in the pokemon world ever get held up in traffic because people are battling in the street.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It's definitely plausible. Game Freak has been pretty open on the idea of Pokemon moving to Wii U, and the Pokken Fighter thing was apparently their way of showing what that might look like. If this is real, I'll be pretty excited, and this would definitely be a system seller for a lot of people.

Edit: Wow, was I wrong on this or what? Gamefreak is adamant about Pokemon NOT coming to consoles because it wouldn't work well. This rumor is bogus.

I should have said this: It's definitely not plausible. Game Freak has been against the idea of Pokemon moving to Wii U, and the Pokken Fighter thing was just to showcase how the series could look in the future. This isn't real, and that kinda stinks. It would sell TONS of Wii U's if it was legit. Poop.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Has a rumor about an unannounced Nintendo game ever come true? They seem like the one company that can keep a tight lid on things.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

It took Game Freak 3-4 years to come up with this amount of stuff for Gen VI so this is all likely nonsense. Besides all this stuff is too detailed for a real rumor. Also that screenshot was explained a long time ago. It's a concept render of what the series may look like in the future.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This week, in "Completely Unsubstantiated Rumours That Are Way Too Ambitious For Nintendo To Ever Do In One Fell Swoop"...

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Neat. I hope, but also doubt, that it is true. I can't see them getting away with another "3d Pokemon Battler" now that the handheld games are 3d and they'll certainly want to release something Pokemon related on the Wii U in order to fill that void, but this seems too ambitious and cool to be true.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Overhaul and simplify the battle system? Fuck, Pokemon already has the simplest battle system (that manages to retaining depth) in any RPG.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#11  Edited By ManMadeGod

Nintendo seems to be going all out to save the Wii U at this point..... but 3DS doesn't have a stellar 2014 line up. They better be careful........

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

It's definitely plausible. Game Freak has been pretty open on the idea of Pokemon moving to Wii U, and the Pokken Fighter thing was apparently their way of showing what that might look like. If this is real, I'll be pretty excited, and this would definitely be a system seller for a lot of people.

Do you have a source for that? I was under the impression that Game Freak were the ones that were adamant about keeping the series portable.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the way that the Pokemon look in X/Y so I hope they stick with whatever rendering techniques they used to achieve that style in future games. They look a little off in that screenshot.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A console Pokemon game would be cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darthorange: Haha, oops! I was way wrong on that one. I thought it was Masuda who said it in that interview with Polygon, but no he said Pokemon will not and should not move to home consoles. This rumor reeks some foul Pokèshit.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By colourful_hippie

@starvinggamer said:

Overhaul and simplify the battle system? Fuck, Pokemon already has the simplest battle system (that manages to retaining depth) in any RPG.

Yeah...the part about simplifying an already simple battle system is what's keeping me on the fence if this ends up being true.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

So when this turns out to be Pokemon Colosseum U or something can we all agree to never ever listen to rumours that go alone the lines of "TEH next Pokerman is coming too the WiiU & the new Nintendo console which my UNCLE who WORKS FOR NINTENDO IN AMERICA says is out by Black friday 2014!!!!!1"

Seriously, Pokemon -- it's a handheld series. Let it go.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 49th  Online

I am sceptical considering how detailed the Pokemon design leaks are. They would have to spend a significant amount of time with the game to see all of those, and I assume the designs would come later in development. Anyway, hopefully the new game does actually change something about the gameplay instead of remaking the same thing for the tenth time.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By AngelN7

Nah man who the hell would want to buy Pokemon minus? that's like you're owing someone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.