Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon

Franchise »

The Pokémon franchise has spawned numerous titles and spin-offs, spanning several generations of games and has an animated series that spans many seasons.

New ideas for the Pokemon series

Avatar image for comrademcpherson
    comrademcpherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By comrademcpherson

I love my Pokemon games as much as the next guy, but I think the series needs some new gameplay mechanics/graphic updates. Here are my ideas: 
    1) Utilize the 3DS 's increased graphical power to have an actual 3D game. The console enterings into the franchise haven't been as good as the handhelds, but giving the handheld series a graphical update beyond sprites on a background. 

2) A battle queue that shows who goes first in battle. 

3) A more mature storyline. I'm not talking swearing blood and tits kind of maturity. I mean a story where I actually care about the characters. 

Your thoughts?

Nixtwix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Nixtwix

1. Not gonna buy 3DS, so no.
    2. I don't know what that means.
    3. It's for kids, so no.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By KarlPilkington

Surely the order of how you place them in your team is the battle order?

Avatar image for comrademcpherson
    comrademcpherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By comrademcpherson
    @Chabbs0: I mean, like a console JRPG system. Think Persona 3, where the order of attack is listed. 
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ryanwho

Mature story huh. Look that this kid here. 
    The game has 3 on 3 battles so it stands to reason everything is being rebalanced to accommodate that. I'd be fine if they only added 50 new pokes a game and left out the extra stupid designs.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By GunslingerPanda

The story's fine. You're not supposed to care about the character; you ARE the character.

It would seriously suck if they tried to do a more in-depth storyline. I think the original was fine: you're trying to win the pokemon league, and Team Rocket are being douches.

Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Teaspoon83

I loved Pokemon Yellow and Silver as I grew up but I'm disappointed that it still uses the same combat system like the games of the past. Why? What I want out of a Pokemon game is real 3D arena combat. Give you the ability to control your character around the arena to dodge or use cover behind obstacles. This would allow for using a weaker Pokemon that has a disadvantage a fighting chance. Access to special abilities based around mana system so you don't end up using one strong Pokemon to defeat entire groups of Pokemon so you would have to swap them out and rely on your team you developed. 

I realized this after they brought the Stadium games to the N64 which at the time looked great and I enjoyed the time I spent playing against my brother but I always wanted something deeper when it came to combat.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By KingBroly

I'd like the choice to either defeat, join or completely ignore Team ______, the latter of which results in them taking over the world.  The middle one would result in the player ruling the world. 

Also, they need to fix the PC.  That is still very clunky.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#9  Edited By Icemael
    1. No.
    2. Why?
    3. Pokemon is about light-hearted, carefree fun.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The 3DS won't even be released when the game is, so that point is moot.

synthcerberus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to be honest, I don't think much of improving the plot, but I had so ideas for game mechanics

1. introduce improved speed, instead of letting it be turn based, switch it up, you can only make a move when your speed bar is full, making speed that much more important

2. a complete rebalance, instead of senselessly boosting a certain stat and spamming moves, get rid of leveling intirely, make it so even revisiting old areas can still be a challenge. the higher level a pokemon, the wider variety of moves it can have, low level pokemon are predictable, making them easy to beat with a strategy, the higher the level, the more unpredictable a move set, the more dangerous.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wait, were people actually against Pokemon games going 3D? What the fuck?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.