Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon

Concept »

Pokémon are creatures that inhabit the Pokémon universe and can be captured and trained for battle.

Pokemon Direct 2016

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So, they have just finished Pokemon direct for 2016 it was short and sweet;

Officially announcing Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon for Holiday 2016 in all regions which is great, they also finally gave out details for the release for Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow which can use the Pokemon bank feature this is great as you’ll be finally able to use the harder to find Gen 1 Pokemon on the newer games.

Yes I still like Pokemon!

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really wish we got a trailer.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The truck they showed for a second looked like something out of early era Dragon Ball so that gets my stamp of approval

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@justkamtoo: It's kind of odd that they didn't mention Pokken Tournament.

Driam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Pokémon Z, huh?

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not a whole lot of information besides a general release period. I wasn't the biggest fan of X/Y but I'm always down for some more Pokemon.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

One day we'll get Pokemon Snap 2 for the Wii U. One day...

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ability to transfer Pokemon from RBY over to the latest gen might just push me to subscribe to Pokemon Bank.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Wonder why they haven't remade the original games for 3DS. Would be better than the GBA remakes.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I still...don't like the polygonal Pokemon games. I wish X grabbed me but I really didn't care for it.

Jibanyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to be excited for a new Pokemon game, but I wasn't too into X/Y. All that game seemed to bring to the table was a big graphical overhaul. Kalos was super forgettable for me.

I'll wait until E3, where they'll undoubtedly show an actual trailer for the game, to gauge my interest in whether or not I'll buy it.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Shame they weren't able to wrench in a 3rd game, Which they could call Pokemon Kil.

Get it? It's an indie rock joke.

Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But what about Detective Pikachu!?

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to be excited for a new Pokemon game, but I wasn't too into X/Y. All that game seemed to bring to the table was a big graphical overhaul. Kalos was super forgettable for me.

I'll wait until E3, where they'll undoubtedly show an actual trailer for the game, to gauge my interest in whether or not I'll buy it.

XY brought customizable avatars and if the new games take that out then it's a travesty.

Jibanyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donchipotle: I had actually totally forgotten about that, but yeah, that's a feature I'm sure they'll definitely keep in any future titles. I guess it made sense to keep it out of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire since it was a remake.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's going to be really interesting to see how they manage the disparity in the way stats are calculated on the Gen1 games to the Gen3-onwards games when transferring from Red/Blue/Yellow forward.

I've been on a big Pokémon binge lately, brought on at first by seeing the Pokémon Evolution Concert in London last December, then again with their 20th Anniversary stuff (especially their mythical Pokémon roll-out starting with Mew). I actually finally caved this week and, for the first time in over 10 years, bought some Pokémon cards: I used to love them. The quality of the cards has improved a lot, seeing all these new styles of art and different foil versions is really cool. I've been playing on the online TCG too, and it's probably the first time I've enjoyed playing the official game since as a kid I never had someone to play against.

I hope my current pumped feeling about Pokémon doesn't wane too much such that I'm sick of it by the release of these new games. Currently optimistic.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmathias said:

XY brought customizable avatars and if the new games take that out then it's a travesty.

I sincerely hope GameFreak listens to the backlash they got after Matsuda said trainer customization would be exclusive to the Kalos games. It was one of the biggest steps forward the series has made in quite awhile, having it be gone because of Gamefreak's bizarre stance on design would be a travesty indeed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.