Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 18, 2016

Pokémon's 20th anniversary game invites players to the tropical, Hawai'i-styled Alola region.

When does this game open up?

lasse_momme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, so this May just be a kneejerk reaction, but does this game keep. bring this restrictive? One og my favorits parts about x and y was how quickly it Got you going and so far (about an hour and change) this just seems so fucking restrictive, heat with introducing mechanics and characters a trainers School (!!!) is it like this the enture game?

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's a long start but it starts to open up at the second island. I was a bit disappointed also until I got to the Water Z-Gem trial.

I think Game Freak and Nintendo wanted to use Sun/Moon as a good starting point or re-entry point for old fans and new players so they went a bit heavy with the tutorials in the beginning. But the tutorials are disguised as world building events, so it does a good job at least in establishing Alola.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Somewhere on the second island I'd say. First island is all tutorials. 2nd island is all about your island challenge stuff, and after it starts shifting onto other stuff while continuing the trials. The game won't tutorialize you anymore after the first island. It will still stop you for cutscenes between characters quite a bit because they are really focused on the story this time. So if that part bothers you, you might just have to adjust.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.