Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Gold/Silver

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 21, 1999

Players explore the regions of Johto and Kanto in their quest to catch all 251 pokemon.

Pokémon Gold Randomizer Nuzlocke (For The Kids!)

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Edited By danielkempster

As I write this, there are just under twelve hours remaining until I start playing my part in this year's Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run. In case you missed my announcement a couple of weeks ago, I'll be attempting a Randomizer Nuzlocke run of Pokémon Gold. The aim is to complete everything up to the first round of Elite Four and Champion battles with a self-imposed Nuzlocke ruleset (only one potential capture per area and fainting equals permadeath), plus the added challenge of randomising various aspects of the game, within twenty-four hours. For more details, hit this link - it gives a thorough explanation of what I'll be doing and how I'll be doing it.

The run is scheduled to start at 9:00am BST tomorrow morning (that's 4:00am EDT for everyone who lives across the Atlantic). For anyone interested in watching the carnage ensue, I've embedded my Twitch channel below:

This is, of course, for charity - specifically Pencils of Promise, an organisation dedicated to providing quality education to disadvantaged kids in developing countries. If you'd like to donate towards my run, hit up this link to my Pencils of Promise fundraiser page and make your donation there. Everyone who donates will earn the right to nickname one of my Pokémon (remember there's a ten character limit, folks). In addition, any milestones met before the run starts will push us up towards increased levels of randomness, as outlined below:

• $25 - Starter Pokémon will be randomized. Wave goodbye to Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile, who knows what's going to be in Elm's Poké Balls?ACHIEVED!!!
    • $50 - Static Pokémon (including Legendary Pokémon) will be randomized. Something other than Ho-oh might be waiting at the top of the Tin Tower...ACHIEVED!!!
    • $75 - Trainer Pokémon will be randomized. Every Trainer battle will become a fight against the unknown. Or maybe the Unown.ACHIEVED!!!
    • $100 - Item locations will be randomized. Is that a Potion or a Master Ball at your feet? ACHIEVED!!!
    • $125 - TMs will be randomized. The moves contained within each machine will become a mystery.
    • $150 - Pokémon movesets will be randomized. Every move learned by level-up will be a surprise.
    • $175 - Pokémon base stats will be randomized. Will each capture be an offensive monster, or a defensive powerhouse?
    • $200 - Pokémon types will be randomized. At this point, everything I know about the basic Pokémon meta-game gets thrown into question.

I'm excited, and terrified, and honoured to be playing a part in this awesome endeavour by the Giant Bomb community. I hope as many of you as possible will tune into the stream tomorrow and throw some words of encouragement (or even a few dollars) my way. Your support is what will keep me going throughout this challenge. That, and caffeine. Lots and lots of lovely caffeine. And hey, while you're at it, why not show some support to the other community endurance runners by checking out their streams over at Explosive Runs? I'm sure they'll be just as appreciative of your support and donations.

A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits. Let's go!
    A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits. Let's go!

Thanks for reading folks. Take care, and I'll see you around.

Daniel

---

Currently playing - Pokémon Gold (GBC)

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ajamafalous

Good luck!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.