Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

September Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

It's September, and I'm back again with another edition of my monthly list of current and upcoming titles for the PlayStation Vita. As usual, this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below. Sorry for being late again. I was working on it on Tuesday, but then my computer crashed and ate the draft. Decided to call it a day and get back to it at a more opportune time.

Anyway, I think we've got something for everyone release-wise this month. Already out in retail is Danganronpa spin-off Ultra Despair Girls, which takes place between the two first games in the series and offers a more gameplay focused third person action puzzle experience. Then you can visit Big Ben and help out with it's GIANT SPACE INSECT problem in Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders From Planet Space. Also the Persona 4 crew is back, this time in rhyth game form, with Persona 4: Dancing All Night. On PSN, the Vita is getting download versions of The Muppets Movie Adventures and Samurai Warriors 4-II, as well as indies Super Time Force, Xeodrifter, Nova-111, Poncho. And allreay out in Europe, hopefully the adaptation of the classic Warhammer 40k board game Space Hulk will show up as well.

Moving on to new game annoucements, August was a bit thin for the western part of the world. Indies Volgarr the Viking, Crypt of the NecroDancer, The Iconoclasts, and Siralim were confirmed, and the Japanese Terraria RPG mashup Airship Q released an English language trailer, which I'm going to interpet as a localization annoucement.

As always, the real action for the Vita was in Japan, were we saw at least 15 new games revealed. The most notable ones include Dead or Alive spin-off DOAX3, more Hatsune Miku rhythm game with Project Diva X, and Tecmo Koei's Attack on Titan game. Se below for a full list.

And I'm done! Come back next month when DJMAX spiritual successor Superbeat: Xonic launches.

September

Retail

Downloads

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

brettchalupa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By brettchalupa

I downloaded Xeodrifter and Super Time Force since they are free on PS+ for NA. I played Xeodrifter on the 3DS, and I am curious to see how it feels on the Vita. I have not yet played Super Time Force, but it looks neat.

I am very excited for Persona 4: Dancing All Night. The Persona 4 OST is so good!

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

You misspelled "September" in your title.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Still really excited for Salt & Sanctuary

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By BlackLagoon

@ethanielrain said:

I thought "Space Hulk" was something akin to The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. Glad I read this post, might have to pick it up :)

Well, that one was easy for me to recognize since I've actually played the board game (and the 90s PC adaption of it.)

You misspelled "September" in your title.

Thanks, I've corrected it.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I am considering getting the special edition of P4: Dancing All Night.

At this point, I don't know what's more crazy: getting it, or not getting it.

Makayu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Makayu

Thanks for the write up, getting up to date info on Vita releases can be pretty tedious so this breakdown is much appreciated!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.