Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Home

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 11, 2008

PlayStation Home was a social games network where PSN users could play games and socialize. Home saw a refocus in Fall 2011 in North America and Europe that put more emphasis on games than social spaces.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

I can't unmix, but I can at least do this: link and link.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, will edit then. :P

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Batman

That'd be great...if I was in Japan.  =(  Do you guys know if they're will be an American Beta?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eventually there will be, this is the sign ups to the beta which will be world wide in fall, according to this. Just make a JP account and DL this thing.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Sentry said:
    "Lol, will edit then. :P
    "
    Great... now my post is useless... I'm not deleting it if that's what you wanted =P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol no why would i want that! XD Just trying to make it easier.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Homer

Why can't it come to america?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you even read my post lol.

The beta in fall 08 will be world wide, this is the Japanese sign ups for that beta, meaning eventually there should be something like this for US too. Just sign up on both and hope you get lucky I guess.

DeadWeezel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeadWeezel

It activates and downloads a small 227kb file which adds nothing I can tell to the console.  If I am to guess I think it was a virtual sign-up form so they know which accounts are interested in the beta.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Termite

Ah if only I had a PS3...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nailerr said:
    "It activates and downloads a small 227kb file which adds nothing I can tell to the console.  If I am to guess I think it was a virtual sign-up form so they know which accounts are interested in the beta.
    "

Go to the themes and activate the theme?

Termite said:
    "Ah if only I had a PS3...
    "

No ones stopping you.
    DeadWeezel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeadWeezel

Oh it was a THEME?  Well, aint I the Japanese illiterate tard ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, its a theme- or something. Basically you DL it and it scans all your info and then bam, they email you. People are already in from what I hear. O_O

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Albanian_Killa

This is pissing me off. The open beta better release this fall.

DeadWeezel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DeadWeezel

I don't think it's so much a test anymore so much as they have pretty openly admitted there is still not a lot to DO in Home.  But while filling it with content (we can only hope) they may as well keep polishing it, right? 

Avatar image for missilewarriorz
    MissileWarriorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By MissileWarriorz

we need it in America

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Albanian_Killa said:
    "This is pissing me off. The open beta better release this fall.
    "

How does it piss you off? It means its coming soon, genius. XD

nailerr said:
    "I don't think it's so much a test anymore so much as they have pretty openly admitted there is still not a lot to DO in Home.  But while filling it with content (we can only hope) they may as well keep polishing it, right? 
    "

Actually, there is a hell of a lot more "to do" then when they first showed it at GDC. So if people got hyped about that then they will be fine. Personally, and im not alone amongst the beta testers who think this, Home doesn't need any of the side stuff, the Pool (although so fun), Bowling, Arcades, Movies, etc etc. What they have right now is already priceless (literally too), its something that could seriously revolutionize the way we interact online.

dcpc10 said:
    "

I cant wait for the open beta too.....I still dont see why they have to test the game so much but i'm sure HOME will be worth it in the end.

"

Well i can tell you one thing, Home would not be where it is now without the beta testers; seriously.

MissileWarriorz said:
    "we need it in America
    "

It's coming fall.
    DeadWeezel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DeadWeezel

As much as I am interested in the potential, I see nothing at all that could possibly "revolutionise" any sort of communication, the concept of Home is not even nearly new, it's just new to mass market and consoles.

However that said mass market consoles are often well supported and easy to use, leaving ample room for innovation.

The thing I meant about content though was more along the lines of saying past the initial mass interest I imagine many people, like myself, will slowly stop visiting it and as an advertising capable space that is not what PSN wants to happen, they want people to be gripped and then continue visiting for new things.

Don't misunderstand me, the idea of sharing a video off my HDD with a few friends in a virtual space while waiting for others to arrive, then jump right into a game together pleases me a great deal - should it work out that way - but the rest of it I have no real patience for.  3D worlds to talk to people and walk about?  No, thanks.  Just the addition of Avatars to the 360 worries me a great deal, I want none of that shit on my xbox.  Where I appreciate Home's approach is that it is entirely optional, I never have to be faced by hipster representations of other gamers should I desire and that is a good thing.  I want Home to be an option, and a good one.

I would love to join in the beta, because I genuinly have interest in the bughunting over the idea I am doing something privilaged, I think I might have more interest in that than the final product to be honest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is exactly what I thought. I thought what is the point of walking in a 3D space talking, when I could be playing 3D games. It's not even about that at all, its about connectivity to gaming in this 3D world which is a representation of the PlayStation community. Like the event space for example, E3, Leipzig, TGS, and many other events as well as concerts and Home exclusive talks can take place here. Imagine watching E3 with friends, and talking about it at the same time. Imagine getting to go in Home, and talk to the developers of Resistance for example, in real time. Things like this offer great potential and are just a tiny part of what Home could be.

It can totally be revolutionary for consoles, this 3D community is NO DIFFERENT then a forum community, and we all know how big these have been. If you have no firiends then its less attractive, but I have tons of friends from forums, gaming sites, real life, clans, and other places on my PSN that I would love to talk to in Home and chill with/game with together. Who uses the chat feature at all? On PS3 or 360? Tons.

But truly this has great potential and the things to come in it are stuff we totally are not forseeing at the moment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The next phase is beginning...

Email to beta testers; “We are now moving into the next phase of PlayStation®Home’s evolution and as a current tester we’d like you to continue your participation.

Your existing installation of the original PlayStation®Home Beta will no longer work and you should delete that by selecting it and pressing [TRIANGLE] and then choosing [Delete]. Please remember to delete your save data for it too. You will find that under [Saved Data Utility] in the [Game] section of your XMB.”

DeadWeezel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DeadWeezel

Yeah, I can see that.  Although I prefer the slog that was actually driving to Leipzip, then two days of walking around playing stuff.  Was fun!

But yes, I forgot that bit.  Watching a keynote in a virtual space is pretty slick, and the games industry is my sole interest media wise, I'm not against any of it.  Just extraordinarily cynical with a need to be convinced.

On the subject of beta testing, how do you go about making yourself available to Playstation as an option?  I have a job that gives me plenty of free time, and I've loved tooling about with early software since my first 486 pc.  I keep seeing people on the official EU Playstation forum with Beta status, and depressingly many of them can not even form a proper sentence.  I have often wondered how to get involved in beta testing in general with them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nailerr said:
    "Yeah, I can see that.  Although I prefer the slog that was actually driving to Leipzip, then two days of walking around playing stuff.  Was fun!

But yes, I forgot that bit.  Watching a keynote in a virtual space is pretty slick, and the games industry is my sole interest media wise, I'm not against any of it.  Just extraordinarily cynical with a need to be convinced.

On the subject of beta testing, how do you go about making yourself available to Playstation as an option?  I have a job that gives me plenty of free time, and I've loved tooling about with early software since my first 486 pc.  I keep seeing people on the official EU Playstation forum with Beta status, and depressingly many of them can not even form a proper sentence.  I have often wondered how to get involved in beta testing in general with them.
    "

Yeah, I was on the side about it too at first, but it has great potential. Here is an example for one of the game spaces, for Buzz, which was made almost a year ago; click here.

And here you can email them to request to be in their beta program, although I did not get in that way and I don't know how efficient it is, its worth a shot; betatrial@eu.playstation.com
    DeadWeezel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DeadWeezel

Cheers then, worth a shot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No problem.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By OGCartman

O kool, im not from Japan though =S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't really matter.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By lord_canti

just found out i got  a code havent checked email in a while :D its downloading now :P

update

i think something went wrong coz  after i installed it its just comeing up with arcade stuff like dig dug pacman and galaga   athow fun it wasn't what i expected

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DoctorTran

PFfucking Sony and their god damn Home Betas.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.