Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Refurbished/used PS4 Pro Worth It?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I am thinking about upgrading to a PS4 Pro soon for more 4k #content! My question is if anyone has experience buying a refurbished or used console from game spot? I know they have a 7 day grantee but any horror stories after that? Also do Gamespots still take regular non slim PS4s for trade in? Trying to make this as cheap as possible by trading in my old PS4 for a used PS4 Pro.

Also, is there anything I should do to my PS4 before I trade it in? Thanks duders!

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#2  Edited By Kidavenger

I recently traded in my launch PS4 to upgrade to a pro, the amount of checking they did on my used unit didn't inspire much confidence in their process, they just plugged it in and made sure it turned on, no checking of the drive or even display output.

I would also be fairly suspicion about why they would even have used pros at this point, I would expect it's mostly hardcore players getting pros and they would be keeping them for the long haul..

If you do it, I would definitely play the hell out of it for those 7 days to make sure it doesn't have any issues.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By xanadu

@werupenstein: Thanks for the feedback.

I went ahead and did it. I had some Christmas bonus money left over and with my old ps4 and that reducted I came out just having to pay 90bucks for a white PS4 Pro! I would've bought a new one but there wasnt in any new white ps4 pros in stock in the entire state and only 2 locations had pre owned versions.

Also, I didn't realize until after I left the store but the dude who was helping me totally forgot to ring up my games but still threw them in the bag so....I win?

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I've purchased a few used consoles from GameStop over the years. The only system I ever had issues with was a SNES that I got with a bad power supply. They replaced the power supply without any trouble.

There is also a difference between GameStop Preowned and GameStop Refurbished.
    - Pre Owned: was a local trade and is up to the employees to verify if it works
    - Refurbished: sent back to a warehouse to be tested and if issues exist get fixed

In either case you'll probably find out any issues with a few days of use.

Forzafan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@xanadu said:

@werupenstein: Thanks for the feedback.

I went ahead and did it. I had some Christmas bonus money left over and with my old ps4 and that reducted I came out just having to pay 90bucks for a white PS4 Pro! I would've bought a new one but there wasnt in any new white ps4 pros in stock in the entire state and only 2 locations had pre owned versions.

Also, I didn't realize until after I left the store but the dude who was helping me totally forgot to ring up my games but still threw them in the bag so....I win?

Congratulations to your new PS4 Pro! :D :D :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.