Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

I don't really understand how "users" and "psn-ids" work.

michaelsuen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By michaelsuen

Hi guys, sorry for the similar post. Tried asking this question on the Playstation forums but got no reply.

"Would I be correct in assuming that for each user profile created on your console, there can be multiple psn-ids? If so, i'm not really sure how the primary psn-id and secondary psn-ids work.

The main reason for the question is that I have a psn-id, which uses an address (country specifically) i'm no longer at, meaning that I can't purchase ps+ or games on. I've created a secondary psn-id which I CAN purchase items on, but I don't really want to use to play games. Can I somehow make my old one my main profile, then have the new one used for purchasing?"

Thanks in advance!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jesus_Phish

There are ways to purchase items from the country of your old PSN ID, but it mostly involves buying PSN bucks from online stores for that region.

I think you can do what you want though. You can set your old PSN ID as your primary one, and then just sign into the other one when you want to buy something. As far as I remember, as long as the game is installed on the system, anyone who logs into that system can play the game.

michaelsuen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jesus_phish: Thanks for the reply! The main reason I want to keep my other one is due to trophies (of course :D). So if I understand correctly, i'm able to play the games I buy on my secondary account on my primary account? Thanks again!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.