Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Anyone Have Experience With the PS Protection Plan?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RonGalaxy

So I bought the accidental PS protection plan for my ps4 before really researching it, which might have been dumb.

I got all the emails I'm gonna get for this thing and when I need to file a claim I need to call a number, give my plan number, and then (eventually) provide proof of purchase. The issue is I bought the ps4 on eBay. I bought it brand new and have proof of purchase on PayPal, but I didn't really think it through in regards to whether they would accept my proof of purchase or if eBay purchases are even eligible.

I asked on PS chat support and the guy danced around the question with something like "its on your account, so you don't need to worry". Well, I do because I don't know if theyll take my proof of purchase and if they won't I want a freaking refund.

So yeah, anyone have any experience with this stuff?

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ry_Ry

Innitally they asked for my receipt info. But I told them I no longer had it. For whatever reason it turned out to be a non issue over the phone. When the casket for my PS3 arrived the instructions again asked for the copy of the reciept. So I called in again and I was told to ignore that section and send my PS3 in.

About a week later I received a working PS3 again.

I have this coverage for my PS4 as well as I tend to do this for launch systems.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

That gives me some reassurance. Thanks!

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Nodima

@rongalaxy said:

So I bought the accidental PS protection plan for my ps4 before really researching it, which might have been dumb.

I got all the emails I'm gonna get for this thing and when I need to file a claim I need to call a number, give my plan number, and then (eventually) provide proof of purchase. The issue is I bought the ps4 on eBay. I bought it brand new and have proof of purchase on PayPal, but I didn't really think it through in regards to whether they would accept my proof of purchase or if eBay purchases are even eligible.

I asked on PS chat support and the guy danced around the question with something like "its on your account, so you don't need to worry". Well, I do because I don't know if theyll take my proof of purchase and if they won't I want a freaking refund.

So yeah, anyone have any experience with this stuff?

Did you receive any kind of email invoice/order confirmation? The DS4 that came in the box with my PS4 had the rubber wear off the left stick after about three weeks. A replacement controller I bought at Best Buy also had the rubber wear off after about 2 months (I have owned a white DS4 since around Destiny's release as my primary stick and have had no issues). It was a skeevy, but I was able to use the Amazon order confirmation to make one-year warranty claims with both Amazon and Sony to get both controllers fixed (for the purposes of this thread, it's more important that both companies accepted a screenshot of an email as proof of purchase).

If Sony accepted an Amazon order receipt, I'd assume they accept one from eBay. But I haven't bought something on eBay in maybe ten years, I don't know how they operate.

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That's funny, I'm considering buying the same plan so thanks for the info fellas!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones

@skullpanda1: I'm glad it sounds so easy. I purchased this last July just in case my ps4 were to break. I figured I'd a luang machine is gonna break its within its first 3 years.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ry_Ry

@sackmanjones: their playstation hardware support is leauges better than it was in the PS2 days.

fwiw their support on cyber shot cameras still sucks though.

Dansulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dansulu

I have used the plan myself. I received repairs to my ps4 pretty quickly and painlessly. Because I bought the additional coverage that not only protects you against defect, but also against accidents and physical damage (wear and tear) I REALISED I COULD KEEP SENDING BACK MY CONTROLLER THAT WAS INCLUDED IN MY SYSTEM TO BE REPAIRED/REPLACED OVER AND OVER!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.