Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 23, 2016

Building on the first game, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 features a single-player campaign and plants going on the offensive.

So Who is Getting This?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

From what I've heard/read it appears like Garden Warfare 2 is a solid sequel that builds upon the shortcomings of the first game, which I have to admit surprised me by how much I had a blast playing it online. So I was interested to know how many of you will be getting this sequel and what format you might be playing it on?

I'll probably be playing on the PS4 due to owning the original on the same platform and I heard that some aspects of the original game can still used in the sequel. So what are your thoughts on the sequel, I think it'll be a pleasantly fun multiplayer alternative to a lot of the other shooters out there. I appreciated that about the original game in an age where the vast majority are super serious military shooters.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I enjoyed the first one a lot more than I thought I would. If enough of my friends end up buying this I might also because I hear there's a lot of co-op in this one. I wish it $40 like the last one, but I guess with more modes and features it was inevitably going to take the jump to $60.

Roland_Leshaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have played about 5 hours of my trial on pc and i am really considering buying this. Any duders on pc want to do some backyard battleground quests?

Studio4DX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Honestly I got it for my girls nephews, who are coming over this weekend... Booted it up, so I could figure it out and etc before they come over in a few days...

Seriously a good game, esp for people who like hoard type of action (and the entire game is available to play split screen or solo with bots, as both companions and enemies)... The combat is strategic, chaotic and the framerate is great.

Under promoted, is this open world action; right outside of the hub town... literally just open to run around and just level up and destroy everything in your way. If you get bored, just launch up a flag, and it turns into this royal rumble style capture the flag mode...

I think the bomb crew really needs to do a quicklook on it, not a kiddie throwaway experience, like most think. If you can get it in a month or two, on the cheaper... I recommend it. --4DX

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bigsocrates  Online

Picked it up because I really liked the first one but have not played the new one yet.

I'm a little worried that my love of the first was because it came out towards the end of the new console launch window when there wasn't a ton to play. On the other hand I got 50 fun hours out of it so if I can get the same out of this one I'll be happy.

rocky019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's definitely a fun game and if you played the first and enjoyed it I imagine you will like this one too. Lots of content to play and from what they've said free DLC again, hopefully it's a mix of everything from multiplayer to single player and garden ops as well.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

First one was the most fun I've had playing online in a while. I've got part 2 on the way from Gamefly, and probably will buy it at some point.

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xbob42

I picked it up. I LOVED the first. Was kind of irked by how the Bomb crew talked about the mutliplayer like it was some weird side thing to the "main" part of the game, the Garden Ops. I consider it 100% the other way around. The multiplayer is a ton of fun while I find the horde mode stuff to be tired and boring. The classes are just so much fun to play as and fight each other with. Much better than fighting brain dead (cause they're zombies!) AI. Just my opinion. I play a ton of shooters, too, so it's not like this is some weird sheltered-from-shooters opinion, I just think it plays absolutely fantastically and the teamplay is unique and fun! Also, dunno how it looks on consoles (I assume very pretty) but the game, like the first, is some top-tier gorgeous. They have a fantastic art style that they just utterly nail on the technical side.

A bit of an aside, but I often see TV shows with 3D animation, or movies, you know, something that doesn't even look that great like a Madagascar, but they have this really nice visual clarity that a lot of games don't. You can see everything in a scene, obviously it's pre-rendered and whatnot so it's going to look like that, but I think PvZ GW is like, right up there. Every scene looks crisp and clear and smooth, free of jaggies and it just shines, their lighting and art style just give a really convincing sort of "physicality" to the world, for lack of a better term. And it runs so SMOOTH, dammit! I'm on a 144hz monitor and it just stays locked at 144hz while being so beautiful, it's so well optimized.

In short, I hope the new Psychonauts looks this good. Because this seems like an evolution of that style of art.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By ProfessorEss

I absolutely love the first one (started playing the shit out of again it since they announced the sequel at E3) and think about picking up GW2 at least once a day. I'm a tad put off by the asking price (80 bucks plus tax in Canada) but the addition of the hub world and increased split-screen options (and Corn, the greatest PvZ plant ever) is constantly tugging at my wallet strings.

I'm kind of confused as to why this game gets such a big shrug from GB and the press.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would if I could but can't so I won't.
    Loved the first one though!

xbob42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching the Quick Look. It's not a big deal (it's barely even a super tiny deal) but I feel a tiny tiny irk of annoyance every time Brad refers to the Garden Ops/Single Player stuff as the "main mode." You start 3 feet from the multiplayer portal for a reason, Brad! THAT'S the main mode! Garden Ops, as with most horde modes, is the side thing!

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it day 1 and I love it. It's better than the original in my mind as they added some single player content and fleshed out the zombie side more. I love it and am back in the "gotta collect it all" mindset of getting the character variants and accessories.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep i bought it. Its a true successor and expands and improves on everything that made the first game so great. A casual class based shooter that scratches my dota itch while not being nearly as stressfull or timeconsuming. With 100 different characters you can always switch to something new when you start to feel to samey.

The only downside with the game is the loadtimes, why cant games load in the next level in the background while setting up the next match? At least its not Destiny which had 5min+ downtime between matches (the main thing that killed Destiny PvP for me).

Its cool that Brad enjoys the hoarde mode but pvp really is the main mode for this game. Its the best shooter on this console generation and you should give it a try.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I have been enjoying the single player a lot. A bunch of puzzles, mysteries and collectables. Oh, and the quests. I went inside a shark.

gijoeverde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing the quicklook for Two, I loaded up the first Garden Warfare (I picked it up on holiday sale). Now I keep playing it over Fallout 4. I am debating on unlocking all those characters before getting Garden Warfare 2 (or I will just wait for a sale). The character packs are 40k in the first game, and I got the impression from the quicklook that characters are 75k in Two. Does Two give you coins quicker than the original Garden Warfare?

Basically, should I continue to enjoy the First Game until I unlock everything?

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rethla

@gijoeverde: One is really fun aswell so if you are enjoying it why not go on. Two adds more characters and a slightly different and more polished feel.

You unlock characters at the same pace in both games. Maybe its a little faster in two. What you really want though is not the one character pack at 40 or 75k but the tire below that one. You wont unlock characters as fast but the lower tier has a chance to give you new abilities and legendary characters aswell. An old character with a new ability is basicly a new character.

gijoeverde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks @rethla. I am enjoying it.

Does anyone know if there any rewards other than transferring your characters over from playing the first one?

rocky019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gijoeverde: Depending on your level in the first game you will receive card packs plus some coins, the higher the level the greater the rewards. Also I got a card pack because I played FIFA, not sure if this will be the case with other EA games in the future too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.