Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantasy Star Online 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 04, 2012

Phantasy Star Online 2 is a Japanese free-to-play online action-RPG which was released for PC in July 2012, and Vita in Feb 2013. The game was finally announced for a US release during E3 2019, for Xbox One and PC in 2020.

Phantasy Star Online 2 : Delayed for the West!

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, Sega have FINALLY broken their silence over the western version of PSO2.

Phantasy Star Online 2, Sonic Team's online action-RPG which launched for Windows PCs in Japan last July, has been delayed in North America, publisher Sega told Polygon today.

The game never received a formal release date in North America, only being targeted for an "early 2013" release. Considering we're nearly out of the first quarter of the year with no word on the title's release plans, it seemed unlikely that the game would hit that goal, despite being playable last year at PAX Prime.

"Originally slated for an early 2013 launch, Sega can officially confirm that PS02 has been delayed," a Sega spokesperson told Polygon. "We don't have any specifics but will update everyone as soon as there are more details to share."

The title was also ported to Japanese PS Vitas in February of this year.

Polygon - 23/03/2013

So I guess we have no fucking clue when this thing is gonna show up. I'm guessing the F2P aspects of the JP version is giving them headaches bringing this over.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ck.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

They are basically feeding us blank information, the game was obviously already delayed.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

@video_game_king: Don't you go ending my fuck before the game comes out, mister!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6 fisk0  Moderator

Damn, yeah, it was obvious it was delayed, but not even giving us a hint on when it may show up. I'd probably even buy the Vita tape when it shows up, and certainly would play the PC version, it's probably the only MMO that both me and some friends are interested, otherwise we tend to play solo in entirely different games.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@morbid_coffee said:

ck.

SEGA!!! wwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess this should have been expected --- you can't even trust them to bring Hatsune Miku over to the West ...

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Guys, the game is a lie, it never existed. That Japanese version we all saw/played? That was all a projection of Jeff's imagination. His ability to interpret Wi-Fi signals evolved into the power to project his will onto the internet. That's why Sega has no idea what is going on.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what are the barium levels on this game???? I NEED TO KNOW!!!!

YOU CAN'T BURY THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to this game; I just wish it would come out and be broken so I could at least play it while they fix the payment system or inter-connectivity stuff or whatever dies.

It seems like an MMO I'd wanna play.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

No Caption Provided

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

thinkin about this tonight. really hope it comes out soon or we at least get some info at e3. had fun with the jp version that oddly harkened back to my original pso experience, but i'd still like to actually understand everything.

BigMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By BigMike

Well at least it's not out right cancelled... right? RIGHT? I NEED MY MAGS!

Funman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know if the Vita version is coming to the US?

Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is never coming out over here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.