Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Cant beat the Twins

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I'm almost through my NG+ run. I've made peace with myself that I wont be getting the plat this play through (didn't read enough books or play videogames) but I'd like to beat the Twins.

I'm in December, I'm level 99 I know I have only a few more in game days to beat it but for the life of me I don't know how anyone can beat it. Death isn't an issue for me, as they can barely touch my main character but I just cant seem to do enough damage. By round 18-20 I auto wipe due to not causing enough damage. I cant baton pass because they have no weaknesses and I've never crit them, If I charge before an attack the attack it will likely miss, If I buff or debuff them they fix it straight away. Even max level persona attacks do about 280 to 350 in damage if I'm lucky and they burn through SP. Basic attacks are in the 80-100 range, which is pointless. I don't think I've ever successfully effected their status.

The guides I've found on the internet don't seem to help. So how the hell do you beat them?

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JoeDangerous

If you've grinded enough for Satanael then that's a good choice, but I recommend getting Yoshitsune. They can't debuff charge, so just constantly do charge > Hassou Tobi. If you've set him up for high crit, even better as that's 8 strikes against two foes with crit chance. You're most likely going to be fighting solo, as keeping everyone alive in this fight is hell, so just grind out a great Yoshi and you should be relatively fine.

If all else fails and you're at the end of your rope, lower the difficulty. Depending on your warrior's code, you can always get the trophy and then vow to kill them on merciless someday. Good luck I believe in you.

Avatar image for soimadeanaccount
    soimadeanaccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The preparation for the fight is worse than the fight itself. I played on easy and it still took me forever to put together a non ideal line up that somehow bum rush its way to victory.

Keep track of their pattern, as long as they don't hit weaknesses nor take advantage of technical their patterns should stay the same with new attacks added on as the fight progresses. Ideally you fuse personas that fit a rotation and can defend against their next turn appropriately.

You can fight with a party but only for the first part of the fight. It would most likely be Haru, Makoto, and maybe Akechi. Since Nuke, Psy, and Bless/Curse doesn't get into the rotation until a little later, but technical could still mess up their rotation. The real fight really starts when you get them both under 50% for the first time and they heal themselves, After they heal themselves the party becomes a liability.

Debuff might not be too useful, you can try if masukunda or marakunda are worth the turn, but you should keep heat riser on.

Ideally you want to have Nul/Drain phys and gun ready when the physical turn is coming up since if you get crit you die. Take caution with Repel since you want the damage between them to be equal, and their phy and gun skills do different base damage so even repelling both there will be differences. Ideally you also want to be able to Nul/Drain/Repel against ice, ele, fire to stop technical. Or you can just rely on not getting a bad roll.

As for offense I find Concentrate Almighty to be more accurate than Charge Hassou Tobi, but that could be because Yoshi can't really reach 99 ag without sacrificing St. HT is definitely stronger in terms of raw damage, (I think Kaguya Bless attack might be even stronger if you have the DLC) HT also really only need 2 slots (HT and arm master) while spell needs like 5 to be most effective (Spell, Boost, Amp, Magic ability, Spell Master). I don't think you can crit bosses.

They will start using Divine Judgement and Demonic Decree eventually, these are % base spells and can be reflect with Bless and Curse which could work as equalizer to keep their health at similar level.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys. I might grind out a few levels for Yoshitsune, luckily I saved in mementos on a flu day.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you've grinded enough for Satanael then that's a good choice, but I recommend getting Yoshitsune. They can't debuff charge, so just constantly do charge > Hassou Tobi. If you've set him up for high crit, even better as that's 8 strikes against two foes with crit chance. You're most likely going to be fighting solo, as keeping everyone alive in this fight is hell, so just grind out a great Yoshi and you should be relatively fine.

If all else fails and you're at the end of your rope, lower the difficulty. Depending on your warrior's code, you can always get the trophy and then vow to kill them on merciless someday. Good luck I believe in you.

I Just beat them on Normal after grinding Yoshitsune to 94. The fight still took forever as one of them would essentially commit suicide when near death by using a element that I would repel. Then the other one would resurrect them. Eventually I got more aggressive with Hassou Tobi and attacked them when I didn't think I had a chance to actually kill them and I just scraped enough health off them to kill them both.

Thanks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.