Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Best Persona Builds

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Started New Game Plus and wanted to know what are the top tier personas with the best skills that people are using. Who's your pick?

Yoshitsune was a no-brainer in 4, and seems to be similarly as powerful in this. I'm just not sure how to get it to have the right skills. Satanala also seems very powerful but I don't know how to get the right skills on him either. Care to share some tips?

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Strangestories

Yeah Yoshitsune with Hassou Tobi (of course), Apt Pupil, Arms Master, Ali Dance, and Charge wrecks everything.

Managed to fuse a Satan with four of the severe elemental attacks, Spell Master, and debilitate.

I fused an awesome ailment persona that has a ridiculously high chance of inflicting confuse and brainwash.

I think I got a Michael with some pretty nice stuff, too. I'll have to check later.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoshitsune really just needs Hassou Tobi, which is as ridiculous as ever, Charge, and Arms Master. The rest you can fill with resistances or passives like Apt Pupil. Mine has Ali Dance from Futsunushi, which halves the hit rate of all incoming attacks, as well as Angelic Grace from Sandalphon, which doubles evasion rate against every attack except Bless/Curse/Almighty. There's a guide over here that goes into how to pick up a bunch of resistances from fusion, but I think you could also stick him in the isolation cell for the same effect, it'd just take a bit longer since I believe the resistances it gives you are random.

ToySoldier83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This unknown youtuber gives a good explanation on what skills you should have and with which persona by the end game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko1sSKBmkBg&

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ajamafalous

Everyone has already mentioned Yoshitsune (mine has Hassou Tobi/Charge/Enduring Soul/Angelic Grace/Ali Dance/Apt Pupil/Arms Master/Drain Curse, though optimally you'd put Charge (along with Concentrate, Debilitate, and Heat Riser) on some other persona and use that last slot for something else), so I'd say the only other one to add would be Alice for min/maxing magic (Black Viper is inheritable from Satan). Satanael functions well as a support/wall due to his resistances (and starting at too high of a level to have his offensive stats min/maxed), and you could throw Firm Stance on him to stack with the Divine Pillar accessory from Reaper (and your itemized Satan armor) to become basically immortal.

I made a leadoff Lucifer with Morning Star/Almighty Amp/Almighty Boost/Magic Ability/Victory Cry/Auto-Mataru/Auto-Maraku/Auto-Masuku for clearing the last few dungeons and for any encounters at the start of NG+ that rush wouldn't handle. You could optimize it better if you did it with a persona that starts low enough to be able to have its Magic stat min/maxed (Alice, Beelzebub, etc; just swap Morning Star for Megidolaon), but I liked the look of Lucifer and Morning Star more.

NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You really could just bum through NG+ with any high level personae. All these builds mention here are totally overkill for the game except maybe the challenge fight. The fun with all these builds is how overpowered can you make things.

I find myself not sure if I want to have a broad line up that specializes or do I want relatively rounded out but fewer personae. Slapping boost/amp/spell master on every persona with an element, shoring up weaknesses costs more slots.

All this summoning cost a lot of money, I can't really find a good way to grind. When you reach too high a level and instantly win any ambush, it really kills the pace for grinding. Anyone got any tips?

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlvaroFAraujo

I've not yet finished my 1st playthrough, but since im almost finishing it (I'm currently on 12/24), I've experienced almost all of the game and I can say my present personas are the only thing i need.

Currently I have Michael and Satan. I'm going to fuse them into Lucifer before finishing the game, but regardless, before i had Michael, I created Raphael using Seth

My Raphael is a Melee PowerHouse - (Sword Dance/One-shot Kill) - as for buffs (Charge/Heat Riser) and passives (Armsmaster/Trigger Happy/Cripple/AutoMarukaga). The only difficult thing about this build is bringing up Trigger happy, to higher levels personas. I created Matador and kept fusing him until i reached Seth if memory doesnt fails me. Raphael doesnt learn angelic grace but considering i only use him to attack I don't really feel bad.

For a Magic Powerhouse I use Michael - (Megidolaon/SwordsDance/Cosmic Flare and Salvation) as for buffs (DEBILITATE/Concentrate) and passives (Spell MAster/Angelic Grace). Salvation is OP and it only will cost you half of the base SP. As for Debilitate its for boss encounters and the rest is pretty explanatory

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
    deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@notsosneakyguy said:

All this summoning cost a lot of money, I can't really find a good way to grind. When you reach too high a level and instantly win any ambush, it really kills the pace for grinding. Anyone got any tips?

Using the confuse method on Request bosses is the best way to get money. Other than that, the last two mobs in the game give about 10k per win I think.

AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notsosneakyguy said:

Using the confuse method on Request bosses is the best way to get money. Other than that, the last two mobs in the game give about 10k per win I think.

If you are still on the point of the game where you can still sell items, YES. Confusing enemys is the best way to get items worth 5-10k plus. But I usually use the negotiation tactic. I reduce the enemy count to 1. Then put it low or down so i request money until he gets pissed off and calls a friend, sometimes he just attacks but in my case its rare the times he does. Once his friend comes I kill the lowest hp, and repeat the negociation tactic on the friend he just called. I usually take 8~12k from everyvattle like that. If the money option is red thanks to Yoshida the monster will hand over 20k.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@alvarofaraujo: @notsosneakyguy: It's true that making any kind of 'ultimate' persona isn't necessary at any point, unless perhaps the DLC difficulty level is crazy. I just like to do it as an exercise in breaking the system. Though I know you can't max out the stats in this one.

As for money, the method everyone else is using at the moment is to make a sandman with confuse and confuse boost, with a luck stat of at least 50. If you use confuse on a mementos boss they'll throw out almost 100K a turn. I got 2million from the very first mementos boss and that set me up pretty nicely. I had like 98% of all personas fused before finishing the game though so all this money on NG+ isn't much of a benefit. I agree about the inability to ambush sucks, it's an awful skill.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheBlue

I played NG+ on Hard and the only boss I struggled with was The Twins. Honestly, that's the only fight in the game that you actually need to spend time fusing Personas with good skills and resistances, which I always find disappointing. There never seems to be a reason to fuse the high level advanced fusion personas except for the bonus boss and maybe the Reaper. Hopefully if they decide to rerelease the game like P4 Golden, they'll add some more balanced challenges. I haven't tried Merciless, but I always find difficulties that just raise their numbers and lower yours to be not very fun or interesting.

Anyway, by the time I got to that fight I had a Yoshitsune that nulled, repelled, and drained everything except gun, ice, and psy so I was fairly good to go. Satanael is good to just eat damage if you didn't fuse up a lot of element resistances, but yeah, Yoshitsune is always gonna be your best physical damage dealer cause of his unique attack. I imagine taking the time to get the severe element skills on one persona would be cool, though you'd want boost and amp to maximize damage for each.

XHunterProX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>My build without DLC is:

1-)Yoshitsune=

-Hassou Tobi

-Drain Ice

-Drain Wind

-Drain Psy

-Drain Nuke

-Repel Curse

-Repel Fire

-Arms Master

2-)Satanael=

-One-Shot Kill

-Riot Gun

-Charge

-Arms Master

-Cripple

-Unshaken Will

-Victory Cry

-Firm Stance

3-)Shiva=

-Psycho Blast

-Blazing Hell

-Ice Age

-Vacuum Wave

-Spell Master

-Repel Fire

-Drain Wind

-Drain Nuke

4-)Metatron=

-Makougaon

-Cosmic Flare

-Drain Ice

-Drain Bless

-Repel Curse

-Repel Elec

-Repel Fire

-Spell Master

5-)Alice=

-Maeigaon

-Die For Me!

-Megidolaon

-Curse Amp

-Ali Dance

-Spell Master

-Angelic Grace

-Drain Bless

6-)Odin=

-Thunder Reign

-Wild Thunder

-Elec Amp

-Spell Master

-Repel Fire

-Drain Ice

-Drain Psy

-Drain Nuke

7-)Michael=

-Dirahan

-Salvation

-Spell Master

-Drain Fire

-Drain Ice

-Drain Wind

-Drain Psy

-Drain Nuke

8-)Kurama Tengu (I start to fight with this persona.)=

-Concentrate

-Auto-Maraku

-Auto-Masuku

-Auto-Mataru

-Spell Master

-Drain Ice

-Regenerate 3

-Invorce 3

9-)Baal (Persona I use fo support skills.)=

-Heat Riser

-Matarukaja

-Marakukaja

-Masukukaja

-Matarunda

-Marakunda

-Masukunda

-Spell Master

>All of them are on Level 99/MAX

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.