Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

TigerDirect.com is gone - [pour one out]

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969

If you wanted "new old stock" or "refurbished computers where you felt like there was a tiny bit of security that what you would recieve would work - there was Tiger Ditect.

• You wanted an IBM AT-Clone in 1990? Tiger Direct catalog and phone order it!
    • You wanted a Pentium II widos PC in 2001, Tiger Diect woudl sell that to you one of those
    • You want a discounted PDA with teh added 16MG stage modele thrown in for free....Tiger Direct!

Where do I buy refurbished machine now? Who is the cheap source of 'slightly used' office computers? I am actually in the market for a refreshed machine, but Tiger is gone - who do I turn to now?

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

eBay is the place to go for that now. There's dedicated shops set up on there for selling refurbished mass-produced workstations. You can get a pretty great deal on an older Xeon workstation on there if you are willing to look a bit. It won't have the fastest single core speed but you can get tons of cores for very cheap. eBay's purchase protection should cover you from any issues though if you pick a store with good feedback you should be fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.