Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Push-To-Talk: Any way to do this at the OS level?

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bane

Hey all,

Does anyone know of a way to enable PTT at the OS level on a Windows 10 PC? Or do you have a recommendation for something better than what I've already found?

So far, I've found AutoHotkey which seems overly complex for this task, and MicMute which seems to work fine when testing it here at work.

The reason I ask is because we used to use Discord to chat while playing and that has PTT, but we don't like Discord itself. We switched to the Xbox App which is better for us, but it doesn't have PTT.

eternalshades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is unfortunate that Microsoft hasn't added PTT for the xbox app.

Haven't tried it myself, but I've seen this being recommended by someone else that had the same problem as you: https://code.google.com/archive/p/micmute/

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bane

Yep, I found MicMute already.

Edit: I changed the title myself to make it more clear what I was looking for.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just an update: MicMute doesn't recognize any of the buttons on my HOTAS. I think it would work just fine otherwise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.