Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

PC Games for larger squads

IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IcySandman

It seems currently the magic number for multiplayer games has been 4-6 for squads or team sizes. About a summer ago I had two friend groups start gaming together, there is around 8 of us. We have been playing Rainbow six siege, but it is always a race to see who can get there first.

What multiplayer games on PC do you play that has larger squad or team sizes?

Games I have already considered:

Battlefield: While the squad size is not greater than 5, it still works fine with us using discord.

Squad: I got this a while ago from a steam sale and I think it could work.

Arma: I think Squad is the most this group would go into mil-sim.

Rust/Ark: I don't think any of us have the time to play these, we used to in college, but now it just feels like we get taken out at like 2-3am.

What other games might you suggest? It doesn't have to be an FPS.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Planetside 2 is a great game for groups of more than 5 people to play together. You can have up to 12 players in a single squad and then that squad can join up into a platoon with 3 other squads.

It's also free to play so it'll cost you nothing to find out if you guys like it or not.

Games like Starbound, Terraria and Minecraft are good because you can have a lot of players on a private server, but they might not be your style of game.

IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jesus_phish:

Oh yeah! Totally forgot about PlanetSide 2. I personally like Terraria/Starbound, but yeah I'm not sure if everyone else would be down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.